Resolved The windows won't stay put!

Discussion in 'The Logo Creator' started by AndrewBost, Sep 5, 2008.

1. AndrewBost

AndrewBost

I'm a Mac user and every time I edit something, when I come back to view the change, I have to individually click on "Element Template" and "Element Setter" to bring them back into view. How do I get all these to stay put in one screen w/o having to manually put them back every time? Thanks!

2. Wicked

Wicked

I am not a Mac user but on the PC they are all their own windows so that you have the freedom move them around your monitor as you need.. As far as staying put I am not sure if you are referring to that they move position on your screen or that you have to click on each window to use it or to bring it to view over top of the others..

3. Mr Laughingbird

Mr Laughingbird Staff Member

Hi Andrew.

.... are you using version 4.0 by any chance?

Marc

4. AndrewBost

AndrewBost

No, I'm using 5.2.

5. AndrewBost

AndrewBost

New Question

Ok, so I figured out what was happening with my last problem. When the program came up, I would hit the + key to maximize the program. For some reason, when I would click on a button on one section, the other sections would minimize and not come back until I clicked on them. But if I just leave the program minimized, everything stays put and I don't have to click on the sections to see them. Maybe I was just maximizing the one section? I don't know, but I figured out how to make it work for me.

So here's my new question. When I bring up the Corporate Edition templates, there's a logo I want to copy something out of. The logo says "Some Text." That logo is two screens in (as in, bring up the Corporate Edition templates and hit the "forward" button twice. There you'll find the "Some Text" template I'm looking at). I'm looking at the big shiny 3D "S" in the middle. How so I get my lettering to look like that? I can't figure out how to get that effect.

Thanks for your help on this!

6. Wicked

Wicked

study

I do not have the program on the computer I am on right now andrew to tell you how its done but I can tell you how you can figure it out.

Go to that template and click to load it up.. Once loaded you can click and drag all the individual elements of that design giving you a better idea of whats going on and how it was done. As well after clicking on an element you can look at all of the settings for that element such as shadow, blur, and so on.

You probably get a better grasp of making it yourself this way.

7. Worlock

Worlock Guest

Is this the logo your talking about? That "S" is from the "Corporate Elements Pak" You cant get just any letter with using a font to get to that design, But the Corporate Pack has A-Z letters like that.

Attached Files:

8. AndrewBost

AndrewBost

So, who's right? :)

Thanks, Wicked and Worlock for your answers. My question now is: who's right?

Wicked, I had already tried your suggestion and couldn't figure out how to make my letters look the way that S looks. And Worlock says I'd need to get the Corporate Elements Pak.

So Wicked, is there a way to get that shiny 3-D look without buying a separate Pak?

9. Worlock

Worlock Guest

If you have the "Corporate Pak" you wont need to purchase it, Sounds like to me you already have it, So go up to images, and select corporate and then all the images will be available to you for choosing :)

I colored these for a reason ...otherwise they are all white in the original style.

Attached Files:

10. KD-did

KD-did

Andrew, the letters are individual "elements" and are under the image tab (Corporate Edition) as Worlock has explained...and not a text effect.

11. Wicked

Wicked

As I had said in my previous post there Andrew I did not have to program on the computer I was on at the time to verify which "S" you were talking about. Worlock is correct on what you are looking for.