1. New Software Notice alert!

The new Web Graphics Creator (version 4.0) will be out soon.

For now, version 3.0 is still active and works great on most Windows machines. It no longer runs on Macs using Lion or greater... (but the new version will fix this)

So hang in there! It's almost done!

The Web Graphics Creator and iWeb

Discussion in 'Web Graphics Creator' started by RevRoy, Apr 17, 2008.

1. RevRoy

RevRoy

Hi I Purchased The Web Graphics Creator software in hopes of using the "flipbook" on my churches website. I am on a mac and use iweb. When I make the flipbook in The Web Graphics Creator it previews great in safari but when I copy the code into iweb and publish it does not show up. Is there an issue of incompatibility or am I doing something wrong.

If it is incompatible with iweb I will need to get a refund please.:image09:

2. Chris_Houg

Chris_Houg Staff Member

3. RevRoy

RevRoy

Never-mind, I figured it out:image28: I was putting the files in the wrong place. I was putting them in the same folder as the html file but in iweb there is a folder for the files of each html. it's working great now.
    :image07:
    http://www.lifeassembly.com/Missions_Site/Life_Around_The_World_Magizine.html

My next question is can I make it larger? my original graphics are 850x1100 which seems to be larger than The Web Graphics Creator will accept.:image08:

4. Chris_Houg

Chris_Houg Staff Member

Within the flipbook, click on preferences. The max width will be 999. But, set it to 800 and the heigth to 400, which is doubling it.

Create the flip book and with a text editor, edit 2 files. the htm page and the config.xml file.

Change the 800 and 400, once in the config.xml and twice in the htm page source to what ever you desire, for example, 1600 and 800, where the width and height are specified.

That should allow you to increase the book larger than the limits set in the program.

5. awalck

awalck Staff Member

Great job on the flipbook RevRoy!

6. Mr Laughingbird

Mr Laughingbird Staff Member

The Flip Book Creator and iWeb

RevRoy!

Nice work.
    You did the Flipbook Creator proud!

I've never used it before with iWeb.
    ... and I have to ask you, was it difficult? (I'm a Mac user myself but use Dreamweaver).

thanks for posting the link to the book.
    I'd like to display this on the new (soon to be completed) site.

Marc

7. rossalan305

rossalan305

Can you walk me through placing .swf into iweb?

I appreciate the threads above but I'm still confused as to just how to get the exported results into iWeb. Flash Ad Creator exports 2 files as it's supposed to do but after that I thought I was doing the correct thing by copying the html after I opened it in Dreamweaver and pasting it into the "snippit" folder I can create in iweb but where do I put the .swf file? Do I have to put something in my iWeb folder in iDisk? If you know, please walk me through the process so I can finish my website.
    Thanks in advance
    Ross

8. KD-did

KD-did