1. New Software Notice alert!

The new Web Graphics Creator (version 4.0) will be out soon.

For now, version 3.0 is still active and works great on most Windows machines. It no longer runs on Macs using Lion or greater... (but the new version will fix this)

So hang in there! It's almost done!

The verdict's in! And ...

Discussion in 'The eCover Creator' started by lenmcgrane, Oct 4, 2005.

1. lenmcgrane

lenmcgrane

...you're the winner Marc! The winner hands down.

I've been using the cover generator for a week now and it is truly amazing. MUCH better than I imagined.

So quick and easy to build, for starers. Then, the way it renders the edges is remarkable. (I used to select them and use a blurr effect in the earlier version.) Very good to be able to drop a 'first page' inside a book, Marc, I wouldn't have thought of that. And, of course, the way I can manipulate the position so effortlessly is, well, breathtaking.

I built a set of folders for a client a couple of days ago (in minutes) and they will be stunned.

So, that's MY verdict, Marc. A great product. Many thanks for all your hard work.

2. Mr Laughingbird

Mr Laughingbird Staff Member

Hi Len!
    What a nice testimonial!

I really appreciated it.

... care to show us your creations?
    I'd love to take a look at them.

You can also try creating your eCover, and exporting the 3D image as a PNG file. When you click the little camera icon, name the file "MyName.PNG" and it will save the file as an image with NO background.

Then, launch the Art Studio portion of the software ... and import this PNG.
    You can then add text, and other effects (rotate the box, enlarge or shrink it, ad a drop shadow!).

I'm putting up some tutorials on this.

Thanks again Len!

- Marc

3. lenmcgrane

lenmcgrane

Marc, I tried to follow your steps (above) to an invisible background, but couldn't get it to output. Did you ever write up a slightly more detailed tutorial?

Len

4. Mr Laughingbird

Mr Laughingbird Staff Member

Hi Len...

Yes - I'm in the process of updating the software and creating some awesome tutorials.

I'm sorry you werent able to get the image exported as a .png file!
    ... what happened when you tried the above steps?

If you can attach, or upload the end result to me, I'd love to see it.

In the meantime, I'm creating a tutorial on the above!
    Hang in there with me. Next week, I'll have them posted!

- Marc

5. lenmcgrane

lenmcgrane

Thanks, Marc.

Right now I can't remember EXACTLY what I did. I'm about to go off and get into another work of art -- painting the bathroom -- so I won't be able to get to this until a couple of days. Will try to get back to you then.

Great service, and great product, Marc.

Thanks,
    Len