The latest from Apple ...

Discussion in 'FUN and Sharing Forum for Non-Creator stuff' started by Flotsom, Apr 26, 2005.

1. Flotsom

Flotsom

Steve Jobs insists Microsoft is running behind as Apple brings out it's latest Operating System ... Tiger! Read more here:
    Tiger's Out This Week. No Bull. :exclaim:

In related news: Rendezvous has been renamed "Bonjour" in Tiger ... you can read about that story here: Macworld

More as I find it ... :)

2. Flotsom

Flotsom

Apple bans Jobs biography

John Wiley & Sons, who have had a long time relationship with Apple have found themselves at odds over a biography of Steve Jobs they planned to publish. That ought to boost sales when it comes out ... nothing more attractive than something somebody else doesn't want you to see! You can read more about it at CNN Money.

3. Shelly

Shelly

That will really boost sales when it comes out.

Bet you can read it on the net soon. :evilbana: Haha

4. Flotsom

Flotsom

Wait a while before jumping on Apple's Tiger

I'll bet you can Shelly!

Since that post ... Tiger has been released, and here's an excerpt from Mike Langberg's test drive experience....
    Wait a while before jumping on Apple's Tiger

By Mike Langberg

Mercury News

Apple Computer's new ``Tiger'' upgrade to the Macintosh operating system, officially Mac OS X 10.4, delivers a worthwhile collection of useful and fun new features -- if not the earth-shattering breakthrough proclaimed by Apple's over-the-top marketing.

Like any new operating system, Tiger is also prone to bugs -- some of which I encountered -- making it a good idea for Mac users to wait about six weeks before taking the plunge.​
    for the rest of his article go to Mercury News

NOTE You might be asked to sign-up to view that page ... if so let me know, and I won't use that source in the future, or I'll get permission for a complete reprint.

5. denhom

denhom

Flot, I'm running Tiger, and I've had no problems thus far.

I can't see any earth-shaking new features, but it's there.

6. Flotsom

Flotsom

Hi Dennis!

Thanks for the reply ... I'm guessing you didn't need to sign up to read Mike's article. There weren't any earth-shattering new features to read, in fact Mike's take was that Apple's advertising was a bit over the top, but that Tiger did have some nice new features. The only down side he mentioned was in the disappearing internet connection that stumped even the Apple people. Unfortunately, he didn't go into much detail.

I added the post only by way of reducing potential surprises in case someone else experienced the same glitch. I'm personally a bit of a coward when it comes to new OS systems, and cautious even about updates (still running 10.3.5, although I was about to combo up to 10.3.8). I'll be interested to hear how you get along with Tiger, and probably be looking to upgrade myself after they get to 10.4.1. I believe Marc (Laughingbird) just got Tiger ... haven't heard if he's loaded it yet.

Thanks again, and be sure to keep us up on how it goes. :)