The Flash Ad Creator; New version 1.5 posted!

Discussion in 'The Flash Ad Creator' started by Mr Laughingbird, Nov 4, 2005.

1. Mr Laughingbird

Mr Laughingbird Staff Member

I've posted a new release of The Flash Ad Creator. Version 1.5 is now available.

If you're using a previous version of The Flash Ad Creator (versions 1.4 and below), visit the Flash Ad Creator's website and get the free update: http://www.flashadcreator.com

UPDATE to Version 1.5!
    This update, posted November 3rd, 2005.

Changes in this update are as follows:

• Previous versions exported a .swf file (a Flash File) that did not read correctly in "Mozilla" browsers.
    Browsers such as FireFox were having "issues" reading the .swf files. This new version fixes this.

• Added a "Go To" link to every Ad.
    All 60 ads now have a URL you can point your visitors to.

• Some Mac users were not able to grab more than one image off their hard drives. This has been fixed.

• Each Ad now has longer text fields. You can enter in longer names.
    * Please keep in mind, however, the text in each field should be relatively short! Ads are not long in text, they're short and to the point. :D ...Some fields do have a limit. They can now hold more text, but they still "max out" at a certain point.

• Native Flash (.fla) files added.
    All 60 ads now have the native .fla included. Look for a folder called "Native Flash Files" where you have The Flash Ad Creator installed. The Native Flash files are located inside "The Flash Ad Creator" folder.

Mac users: this should be:
    Applications/The Flash Ad Creator folder.

Windows users, the native Flash files should be located in:
    Program Files/The Flash Ad Creator folder

To Update, you will need a previous version of The Flash Ad Creator installed. This update will not install properly without it.

2. pcdman

pcdman

Thank you Marc,

Soon our site(pro2design.com) `ll prompte this software all over Holland.

PCDMAN

3. HyReZ

HyReZ

Greetings Marc,

Thanks for the update.

Just having the native FLA files will make building ads and learn Flash easier.

It has been pretty quiet around here today. I guess everyone is playing around with the update.

I just uploaded it a short will ago so I will be on Flash MX island tomorrow exploring the "Natives".

Peace,
    HyReZ

4. ayodaniel

ayodaniel

I need help

Can anyone tell me how to access the flashadcreator and cicreator websites, for some reason I get no response when I visit either website, instead I get a server time out message. The strange thing is all the other sites attached give me no problem.

Help!!!!!!

5. Mr Laughingbird

Flash Ad Creator web site

Hello ayodaniel.
    ... what's the URL you're trying to access?

The correct URL for The Flash Ad Creator:
    http://www.flashadcreator.com

Let me know if this comes up for you!

- Marc

6. ayodaniel

ayodaniel

I have tried it times without number, all to no avail, I am a frustrated logo creator..... help!!!

7. Mr Laughingbird

8. ayodaniel

ayodaniel

Hello once again, I have cleared my cache and still no luck, even the sample page doesn't open. I will try another PC and see what happens.

Cheers,

9. HyReZ

HyReZ

Greetings ayodaniel,

Do you have another web browser installed, such as Netscape, Opera, or Mozilla Firefox. If so try to use them to access the web site. I have several browsers installed so that I can see how my web designs will look to other users who are not using Internet Explorer.

Peace,
    HyReZ

10. ayodaniel

ayodaniel

Hiya Hyrez,

Interesting name! Yes I do have firefox installed and I have tried both my browsers without any success, I have tried other PC as well with the same result, I am at a total loss as to the cause as I have visited all the other sites with no trouble.

Keep creating!!

Ayodaniel

11. ayodaniel

ayodaniel

Hi Guys,

Just to keep you updated, I have discovered that it is my ISP that is blocking the site and I have lodged a complaint about it.

I am so sorry for giving so much trouble but I am desperate to get my hands on it. Is there some other URL that I can go to in order to download the software.

Keep Creating!!

Ayodaniel

12. HyReZ

HyReZ

Greetings Ayodaniel,

I have had the handle of HyRez since 1989 and since than I see several people around the net claim it.

I am the true originator, not the lame duplicator.

Anyway....

If you have access to another computer and a USB memory stick, you can download the file from almost computer that has a USB port. You will need to have 23 Mb free on your memory stick.

I can even upload files through the USB port to the SD card in my digital camera by using the setup menu in the camera to make it a 512 MB storage device.

URL: http://www.laughingbirdsoftware.com/updates/TAC_v1p5_Updater_Setup.zip
    File Size: 22.4 MB (23,517,217 bytes)

Happy Downloading!

Peace,
    HyReZ

13. Lamo1graphic

Lamo1graphic

i seem to having the same problems marc,ive cleared my cache. tried in bothy firefox,and explorer
    graham

14. HyReZ

HyReZ

Greetings Lamo1graphic,

Maybe you should go to the C:\Documents and Settings\Your Name\Local Settings\Temporay Internet Files and delete all the web Nfo there. Just clearing the cache may not be enough.

I have not experienced your problem but I know a lot of old web stuff resides there. Some old web stuff also resides inside the temp folder but some auto log on and other useful things are in there too. So be careful on deleting things in the temp folder.

Peace,
    Hyrez

15. flashmeister

flashmeister

Just thought I drop by and BAM!!! thanks Marc for the Flash Ad Update. I really wasn't impressed with the price and the limitations of the flash ad creator initially, but placing the source files in the update has eliminated almost all my problems with the price and product. I'm looking forward to designing with it as soon as school is out for winter break.

16. Mr Laughingbird

Hi Flash!
    Thanks very much for your post.

... wait'll you see v2.0! (now in the works.)
    This version will export a stand alone .swf file (no need for the 'assets' folder).

Thanks again for the nice post FlashMeister.

- Marc

17. mckd2002

mckd2002

ETA on version 2.0?

Marc,

Your products are by far awesome. I've been using them for about 3 years now and as tempted as I am to get this new Flash product, I'm holding off for the 2.0 release that allows for swf export without the assets folder. Not that it's any big deal but I'm terribly busy working on other things at the moment anyway. So, any ETA on version 2.0? Didn't I hear you mention sometime in December before? Thanks for your great products!

Mike D.

18. Mr Laughingbird

Hi Mike!
    Nice to hear from you.

Yes - December it is!
    We're working out this issue. (and I think we've got a handle on it!).

I can't say WHEN in December. The holidays may put a little delay on the programming. But keep an eye out! :)

Thanks for the post!

- Marc

19. walk6076

walk6076

Error Message

I keep getting an error message when I download the update. Either it says that the file is corrupt or empty.