The Door Hangar Creator

Discussion in 'The Business Card Creator version 4.0' started by tedrin, Sep 29, 2014.

1. tedrin

tedrin

I'd love to be able to make door hangers using this software...A door hanger is just a bigger sized business card with a cutout for a door knob...Most print shops charge too much for setup...I usually only need a few hundred at a time for the surrounding neighbourhoods.
    It would be nice to come up with fresh new door hangers (or postcards) on a regular basis or as a new job is in progress.

just my 2 cents.

2. tedrin

tedrin

I wish I could edit that spelling error in the title.(hanger)

3. gunsmoke

gunsmoke

Well, you could just create door hangers and put whatever graphics you'd like on them. That's the nice thing about TLC. You can do most anything!
    DoorHanger2a.jpg DoorHanger2c.jpg
    Feel free to download the blank white template and use it. It's saved as a transparent png.

Attached Files:

4. tedrin

tedrin

I'm really not sure what to do with that information...I'll need all the steps including what to send the printer...Maybe you or Marc can make a video some day?

I'm a newbie and not a full time designer...I'm actually in the construction industry looking to market my business.

5. gunsmoke

gunsmoke

I'm an over-the-road truck driver! Small world. That's what's nice about TLC...it can anyone look good!

This is easy, really. Just click on the 'doorhanger_t' file above and it should open. Right-click on the image and select 'Save image as' and save it as a png. It should save as a transparent png.

Open TLC and start a new template. Select File/Import PNG or JPG and import the graphic you saved. You might want to shade your background in the canvas so the template will show better.

Then you can 'colorize' the graphic if you want to give it a color like the blue or green I have above. Then just import your graphics and text, arrange however you like and export and a 'Transparent PNG'. If you want to print it out ( as a single ) then just select 'File/Print' and adjust your printer setting.

The size may need to be adjusted. I just did this up quick so, if you print one out and it looks small, or big, then adjust your canvas size in TLC then increase/decrease the template size to fit. When you get it right, print it out and then cut it out! Good to go!!

You can also 'duplicate' the graphic once you get it the way you want it. Basically creating multiple graphics on your canvas. Just increase your canvas size to fill a full printed page. Then when you print you'll get several door hangers per page instead of just one.

Unfortunately, I work on a laptop out of my truck so I can't really do up a video. sorry. But feel free to ask any questions. There's lots of good help here on the forum.

6. tedrin

tedrin

I'd need the print shop to make the door hangers...It's thick cardboard paper that has cutouts at the top...Not sure if Marc's online printer affiliate does this...I'd also need 400-500 at a time.

Do you use transparent PNG's when you don't want an outline?

7. KD-did

KD-did

snginc and gcuneo2 like this.
  8. gunsmoke

gunsmoke

If you use a 'blank' template for Avery, then check the size real good! I just threw that together. It's NOT going to fit any standard print template. You'd have to google for the sizes or I'm pretty sure Avery has the sizes.

As far as printing in bulk, the service Marc recommends is Vistaprint. I'm not sure they do general printing but they might. Other than that, if you don't want to print yourself, I'm sure you can google for and find a printer on-line, or just go to a Kinkos.

snginc likes this.
  9. tedrin

tedrin

Vistaprint doesn't sell door hangers unfortunately...I've been asking them for years to start offering that product...In an earlier version I remember Marc had ties with an online print shop that allowed integration with his software.

I'll wait until somebody shows (via video tutorial) a step by step process to create door hangers from scratch ...In other words I'll need the "doorhangers for dummies" version...lol

10. KD-did

KD-did

11. gunsmoke

gunsmoke