The Creator: Drag and drop graphic on letters

Discussion in 'General Support' started by DouglasJH, Jan 27, 2016.

1. DouglasJH

DouglasJH

I must be missing something.

What type of letters can I use for this drag and drop photo for letter fill?

I have tried it with letters from the Letter set, without luck. I have tried it on stock TLC templates without luck.

A little help, please.

2. KD-did

KD-did

The fonts in the embedded fonts or system fonts.

DouglasJH and snginc like this.
  3. gunsmoke

gunsmoke

The letters in the letter set are graphics, not typed text. Any text you can type or edit, even text in an already finished template, can be filled with a photo. As long as you can highlight and edit the text then you should be able to drag and drop a photo image to fill it.

DouglasJH, KD-did and snginc like this.
  4. DouglasJH

DouglasJH

Thank you for clearing that up.

I have experimented with the feature. The ability to position the graphic is cool; however, it does not seem possible to re-enter the graphic positioning mode after you leave it. Another necessary feature, it seems to me, would be to enable resizing of the graphic in that same window. In that way, you can really tweak an effect if you are using an object rather than a texture, pattern or colour as the image.

5. KD-did

KD-did

Douglas, you should be able to click on item and when the yellow box appears move, delete or edit. I have had the experience of the box not appearing immediately and having to click again.

DouglasJH likes this.
  6. DouglasJH

DouglasJH

Thanks, KD-did.

I have not been able to get any result clicking on the text to open the positioning box. I tried dropping in a new image, but the box does not reappear. Undoing back to the initial letters, then redoing did not bring up the positioning box either. Tried double clicking, right clicking . . .

7. KD-did

KD-did

Maybe your resources are stretched so you machine is thinking rather slowly.... You could try switching to looking at elements and then back to text...

What have you got running while working in TC7/TLC?

8. gunsmoke

gunsmoke

I think he is talking about re-positioning the 'dropped object' in the text. Not re-positioning the text itself. And that should be doable. If I remember Marc's video he actually moved the photo inside the text after he placed it. I'm checking now ...

Got it! After dropping your image you use the vertical/horizontal offsets sliders on the left menu under where it shows your image. That allows you to re-position your photo after dropping it. Pretty cool!

snginc and DouglasJH like this.
  9. DouglasJH

DouglasJH

I am running quite a bit . This is an i7 with 8 Gigs of ram, CPU running at 8%, Ram at 85%

I'll shut a few things down. I shut down several prorams. Now CPU is at 3%, RAM at 73%

Now, I shut down everything except Firefox and The Creator. CPU is at 3%, RAM at 70%

When I click repeatedly on the text, The Text menu stays there, but there is no option to move the illustration that is in the text . . .

10. gunsmoke

gunsmoke

Read my post above. Got it!

snginc likes this.
  11. DouglasJH

DouglasJH

Gunsmoke, you are right (almost). I am talking about returning to move the dropped object after I have left the positioning facility. I can't get back to it.

12. gunsmoke

gunsmoke

Ah! On the text menu, select 'Color'.
    If you still don't see it, select 'Image' from that color menu.

snginc and DouglasJH like this.
  13. DouglasJH

DouglasJH

Fantastico! Thanks!