the BK TOUCH

Discussion in 'FUN and Sharing Forum for Non-Creator stuff' started by blackknight, Feb 7, 2006.

1. blackknight

blackknight

:Painting: here are a couple of designs I just did just to get back into the swing of things. The baseball design is a ficticious team with a graphic added of a baseball, a TLC mascot and lettering and background done in TLC. The 2 color divided orb is created in another program.

Attached Files:

2. D RAT2

D RAT2

I like the baseball logo

3. Lamo1graphic

Lamo1graphic

Nice greg very nice,are you using xara extreme aswell l???

4. blackknight

blackknight

xara, no; I have 2 programs that I use besides TLC and I use them for special effects or for creating shapes, panels anything irregular.
    I use a program that is vector that is called business card maker (you cannot purchase this but it does some neat effects) and a program that does some further effects I need. It is a drawing program that is called RealDraw Pro and everything works together so I can prepare somethings I need to do and finish it up in TLC. I love the set-up I have. The one program I absolutly wouldn't want to be without is my TLC.

5. blackknight

blackknight

Panel Shapes

Here Is Another Shape I Made. Totally Fun Stuff

Attached Files:

6. cybrnetico

cybrnetico Staff Member

That is one cool cat :D

How many other RD pro users we have in TLC forum :D

7. blackknight

blackknight

Hey Cyber, do you use rd pro?

8. cybrnetico

cybrnetico Staff Member

sorta BK, I am on my last five days of my trial. I am mostly a xara x user.

9. blackknight

blackknight

what do you like better and does x-ara have neat effects?

10. cybrnetico

cybrnetico Staff Member

I think you hit it on the nail for RD pro, X-ara Xtreme is fast but I cannot reproduce the same beveled texture effects that RD offers with out purchasing plugins for it. I tried creating gel like spheres in XX but it takes longer, it seems with RD with a couple of clicks and spotlighting your done. And from a price perspective RD looks like a good bargain. I wish someone would of told me sooner about this program. :)

11. cybrnetico

cybrnetico Staff Member

a quickie from rd pro

12. cybrnetico

cybrnetico Staff Member

in x-ara X, remember this one BK, all elements created from scratch, what I do like about XX is multi-gradient colors.

13. Juncal

Juncal

Hi Cbr,

I'm a newbie Xara user, and it's not hard to create spheres in XX. The good thing which I learn here, it's that you can create your draw, then convert it to vector files and then put it together in TLC.

About plug ins and filters, XX can use the same of APhotoshop, so if you know that software you can use the same neats effects.

See ya around,
    R2

14. Chris

Chris Staff Member

I like Xara Xtreme, great little program...

15. blackknight

blackknight

How much does xara cost?
    QUESTION?I have just enrolled in a computer graphic design course and the software they have us use is corel12 does anyone care to comment on this as software. What it will do? Create shapes; special effects to shapes and lettering; ease of use etc...
    I would appreciate any and all comments about Corel12. I will actually be starting the course in a weeks time.

16. Chris

Chris Staff Member

not used corel allot BK. From what I seen of it I thought it was more for photography.

Xara Xtreme is 79.99.

17. blackknight

blackknight

Stoneware

Yep, I remember that Cyb and I like the design(stoneware;nice font by the way). I have so much on the go with software but when I start my course I will be focusing on Corel12 for awhile as that is what we use in the course; and also I will be using TLC,they will have to tye me down before I stop using TLC.

18. blackknight

blackknight

I have heard it corel does more than photography and that must be true because they use it in their Graphic Design course.
    Just would like to hear from people who use it to hear some pros and cons about it.
    Thanks Chris!

19. Chris

Chris Staff Member

OK I wont comment on it.

20. blackknight

blackknight

I have an older version of Corel now (v.8) and what I have been using it for is to pull up files that won't open in some other software, make some format adjustments and export it to use in my other software. Export mostly as png for graphics or jpeg for photos. Works well. It will open AI or Photoshop files amongst alot of others as well.