Text Element sticking

Discussion in 'Raves and Rants' started by Ictdog, May 9, 2005.

1. Ictdog

Ictdog

I am real new to this so bare with me...
    I started some new logo's and when I go back to on of the layers to modify the text in it, it acts like ot is frozen to the background and won't some up in the editing mode. The rest of the text elements can be accessed. Not sure if this is a problem with the software or me.
    WinXP, 3ghz Pent, 2GB RAM...

Also, this happened with an image I placed in a logo and had to redo the whole dang thing to get it to release. It was an imported image, so I blame me for that one.
    Any clues? :Bob:

2. Gravy

Gravy

It sounds as though you might have inadvertantly grouped your text to a background, try clicking the modify button and choose ungroup and unlock all.

3. Shelly

Shelly

Sometimes elements can get locked together especially if they are close together or on top of each other. go to the modify menu and try "unlock all" you might have to do this several times each time try and see if the group unlocks. Also save often this will save you time if you need to start again.

hope this helps

shelly

4. Ictdog

Ictdog

I tried that...unlocking and ungrouping with no results. Just a little side note; this element was the text already in the logo when I started to modify it. I changed the large text first, set the smaller to the side and when I went back to the smaller text to modify it, it was stuck in place.

5. Shelly

Shelly

Was you able to save it ?

6. Ictdog

Ictdog

not before the text froze.

7. Shelly

Shelly

I just tried several Logo´s trying to reproduce the error you have but wasnt able to do so, do you know which logo you was using and in which set ?

8. KD-did

KD-did

When all else has failed I usually have success with this methods:

Try dragging the corner down to expose the elements of the logo(see attachment)..click on one element and then "unlock all"... it may take 2 attempts at clicking on "unlock" but that will usually do it. Or you can click to add a new element and that will start the unlock process.

9. Ictdog

Ictdog

I was using the Company Mascot-Cool Logo but took out everything but the text. Well, after closing it out and starting it up a couple of times, It cleared itself. I was able to modify it the way I wanted and save it without incident.
    Go figure. I hate to say it but...nevermind! LOL!
    If it recreates itself again, I will hollar at ya!
    I've attached the exported jpg to show you what I was working on...

10. Flotsom

Flotsom

How about along these lines?

Hi Ictdog!

This is an extremely crudely done rendition, but close enough to give you an idea. I apologize for not having the time to do a more righteous cleanup of the images.

11. Shelly

Shelly

Well glad you got it sorted, PC´s are like life one minute your smiling the next your crying and what did you do to deserve this; Nothing !

Nice Logo by the way.

12. Ictdog

Ictdog

Flot- Thanks for the idea. I am trying to locate a decent motorcycle graphic to go along with that theme and I am also thing the only way to do something original is to edit the graphics myself...as you did. I'll get onto it and show you what I come up with after cleaning one up myself!
    Thanks also to Shelly to getting right back to me! I appreciate it!~

13. Mr Laughingbird

Mr Laughingbird Staff Member

Hi ICT.
    I think I may have discovered something.

Launch The Logo Creator and choose "Check for internet updates" from the 'web help' menu. This will throw in 3 small files.

this SHOULD fix your sticking problem.
    this only seems to be happening on certain machines - and only seems to be happening with XP Pro.

Let me know if this helps!

- Marc

14. Ictdog

Ictdog

That's what I did yesterday before trying a few other things. I did not know if that was it, but something did work and the logo released the text. Hmmm, I am running XP Pro. I didn't see what the fix was for but did it becasue they said it was available. Thanks for the info...

15. Flotsom

Flotsom

Hi Ictdog!

Here are few possible sources for Harley images. Not sure they'll have what you're looking for, but worth a look. I found them doing a Google search for "Harley Davidson Clipart + dingbats".
    Hope that helps some. :)