text curve

Discussion in 'The Logo Creator' started by JeanneP, Apr 3, 2009.

1. JeanneP

JeanneP

Is there a way to make text curve up. I want to put my website address along the bottom of an orb but it only goes one direction, curves down.

Also is there a way to come to the forum and find the answers only the post you placed without having to look through pages of posts?

Thanks
    Jeannep

2. Doc

Doc Staff Member

When in the text entry press 'Enter' before typing, to go on the second line. Text on the second line will curve upwards.

3. JeanneP

JeanneP

Gees, now the text only goes under???

I am trying to set up a top and bottom curved text?

Jeannep

4. Doc

Doc Staff Member

Easy :image28: For the top curve enter the text as normal this will have the top curve. When ready to do the bottom curve press enter and the text on this line will curve up.

Having said that a lot of people find it is more controllable to enter just the top curved text, then click on a blank area of the logo and enter just the bottom curved text. This way they are indepandant of each other and positioning can be done more easily.

See the 2 pics below where I have used each method

Attached Files:

5. JeanneP

JeanneP

Thanks Doc for the enter information.

Still having some problems.
    1. can't get the curve to match image because the scale bar won't go far enough to allow for a good size fit. Is there some way to direct adjustments in real time in that direct spot of the page?

2. When I use the rotate button, the text I am trying to adjust, jumps up the top of the page.
    When I can group the elements and move them down I can find it. Most of the time(as in now) the grouping won't work and now I have text info sitting someplace I can't find on the page. I can't save the logo because the lost text will show up in the saved file out of alignment?

Jeannep

6. Doc

Doc Staff Member

Using a combination of the adjustments you should be able to get a pretty accurate fit. Just to check I have done a screen dump with the main controls arrowed.

Attached Files:

7. JeanneP

JeanneP

Thank you for the demo screen. Yes, I have used those tools to try to adjust, guess I need to practice more. Which is the other part of the question, when I try to rotate to text, it jumps way up the page and I can't find it???

When the text and images will allow to group, I can move the grouping around the page to find the lost text but I can't always seek to group items together. I don't want to cancel the project and start over each time?

Jeannep

8. Doc

Doc Staff Member

When you rotate the text do it a little at a time and before it dissapears off the screen move the text so it stays visible (in other words if it is dissapearing to the left, before it goes off screen move the text to the right) keep doing this until it is at the angle you want it to be.

9. BoBuck

BoBuck

Use AAA Logo Design Software. It has a transform and bend text function that Laughingbird does not.