Text Advice Needed

Discussion in 'Help wanted with my design' started by vfri, Jul 21, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. vfri

vfri

Hi,

I need some help with my new logo, I've been playing around with some text for my business name, Virtual Friday, and using the font "Shae Script". I have the V and F larger with the F up higher and to the right. I want to connect them using a swish or something but can't find the perfect match to the letters. I would attach it so you can look at it but I'm not sure how to do that.

Thanks, Rita

2. MasterDesign

MasterDesign

Hi rita and welcome to the forum, to post your design klick the go advanced button scroll down and klick manage attatchments, then browse to the design select and upload. That's it. It would help alot to see what you've got so far.
    MD

3. vfri

vfri

Thanks MD, hope it works and I appreciate any advice!! Rita

Attached Files:

4. vfri

vfri

Ok, it looks kind of small...its this better?

Attached Files:

5. wannapic2002

wannapic2002

lets look at this one

Used an eraser to thin it out a little

Attached Files:

6. MasterDesign

MasterDesign

i like it, nice colors elegant textgraphic, nothing wrong with it, i think you nailed it.

Good job
    MD

7. vfri

vfri

Thanks!!

Boosted my ego :thankyou:

I've been working on it...can I pick your brain on these two?

Thanks for any critique from anyone!

Rita

Attached Files:

• vf8.jpg
      vf8.jpg
      File size:
      78.3 KB
      Views:
    • vf10.jpg
      vf10.jpg
      File size:
      81.5 KB
      Views:
  8. vfri

vfri

Thanks for that, Wannapic, it looks soooo much better. I didn't know about the eraser thingy. I actually changed the whole design, please let me know what you think and if you prefer the old design of the text better.

R

9. MasterDesign

MasterDesign

just my opinion ofcourse but i think you should stick to just the text, the color you've got in your last post is verry nice (but so was the blue version) all the graphics you used clutter the elegant style of the text. Tagline is funny.
    MD

10. vfri

vfri

Your opinion is EXACTLY what I want and need! I haven't decided on the colors just yet...still messing around with that. Do you prefer the way the text was in the original or one of the latter versions? I'll use just the text for the most instances and add some graphic and the tagline sometimes too. I thought that the "mouse" went well with the tagline, what do you think? I plan to redo my website and thought that I might use a tan/gray/white combination and that the orange and turgoise might be good with that.

Thanks for your advise.

11. wannapic2002

wannapic2002

Looking Good BUT

I would agree with MD, yo me it is too busy. The blue was superb, however, the tagline is something i am very impressed with, you must incorpotate.
    Well done.

12. wannapic2002

wannapic2002

try this

This maybe a little too busy still, however, i still like your slogan.

Attached Files:

13. vfri

vfri

More tweeking...

What do you think of this. I like the position of the text very much but would like others opinions. Thanks, R

Attached Files:

• VF3.jpg
      VF3.jpg
      File size:
      85 KB
      Views:
  14. MasterDesign

MasterDesign

I gotto go with this one http://www.logodesignforum.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=5572
    Although there's nothing fundamenali wrong with the other i just think the lines are better and the way the letters flow appeals to me more. Blue is a good color for this design and when it's for a website you can be a bit more liberal with the colors and textures, you could for example try a gradient fill ore a two tone fill or different color outline. Don't go overboard, try to keep the crisp look of the tekstsymbol.
    :beer:
    MD

15. vfri

vfri

Good advice

Thanks MD and Wannapic. R

16. wannapic2002

wannapic2002

well vfri, at the end of the day it will be your choice, your the one you have to please initially. good luck

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.