Template-Elements-???

Discussion in 'The Logo Creator' started by alan081954, Mar 30, 2013.

1. alan081954

alan081954

Whatever these are called..........When I open the lc v6.6 all i get is a handfull of logos, I have win7 and in the "libraries" there is a "documents" folder,in that documents folder there is a laughingbird documents folder I also have v6.0 and can not figure out how to put all of the templates,elements,whatever they are called into this new version. I give up!!!!

2. gcuneo2

gcuneo2

bus.JPG

You should not have to worry about "transferring anything". The Logo Creator only looks in one location for all the original file locations (templates and elements). Of course in version 6.6 of TLC the options to save templates you are working on (A LOGO IS REALLY A TEMPLATE UNTIL YOU EXPORT IT OR SAVE IT AS A PNG JPG OR OTHER FILE TYPE.)

What you see is how things are on my computer. Yours should be the same, given a yellow folder or two.

The folders with the two gears on em are from version 6.0 and above.

The business card elements folder is placed there when you install the BCC (Business card creator).

ELEMENTS are accessed through the SELECT SETS OF IMAGE ELEMENTS (VERSION 6.0). Version 6.6 of TLC typically shows the last element library you were working with.

KD-did likes this.
  3. zebra4

zebra4

I have the same problem. 6.6 is not really an upgrade since version 6 is not replaced. I ended up having 2 versions, 6 and 6.6. 6 was working, 6.6 has no premade templates and no elements. I deleted everything and re-installed 6.6, but still have the same problem. I sent an email to support 2 days ago, but no answer. I'd like a working version.

4. gcuneo2

gcuneo2

6.6 utilizes the templates and elements you had in 6.0 (and some of the elements from 5.0). Tempaltes from 5.0 are not compatible with 6.0 or 6.6.

The location of the templates and element libraries is required to be in the following location, if they are not TLC doesn't know where to look for them.

The location of the Laughingbird Documents folder is non-negotible!

C:\Users\Glenn\Documents\Laughingbird Documents

Of course the "glenn" would be different on your system.

Within the laughingbird documents folder there are two more folders: LOGO ELEMENTS and LOGO TEMPLATES.

If you deleted the above described folders, please undelete them!

Version 6.6 does include some new imbedded fonts, It is much fore responsive than previous versions, you now have many more exporting options, you now have the ability to handle SWF files, there are more tools to help with your designs, you can now easily save working logos to your desktop, and you can also now easily scale what you are working on....

KD-did likes this.
  5. zebra4

zebra4

I re-installed version 6 and everything is working. However, I don't understand why I need to have 2 versions of the same software on my pc. Why don't you just replace 6 by 6.6? Why can't I remove 6?

6. gcuneo2

gcuneo2

You dont need 2 versions. The actual part of the logo creator that does all the work installs in a different area other than the documents library. Feel free to delete the logo 6.0 version if you want.

I installed 6.0 in a unique location. see the attached and you will see the files and folders you can delete. mine.JPG 6.0 does not make any entries in your system registry. That's why a program like cc cleaner, or even the window Uninstall program can't uninstall it.

There really is no reason to uninstall 6.0--- the stuff shown in the above pix only takes up about 55mb of disk space.... It's all just a matter of preference. I've leaving 6.0 on my computer because I use it, and alter a bunch of stuff within it to test problems people are having...