Teaching ESL in Korea Logo

Discussion in 'Help wanted with my design' started by Skitzo, Jun 17, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Skitzo

Skitzo

Hey all,

I used to teach English in South Korea and I still have some friends over there. As an assignment for my computer science students, I had a couple of them make a site connecting teachers to schools. Since we've been learning php and mysql, the graphics side has taken a back seat. The site is not complete but it's kind of fun to play with.... but we need a decent logo. Here's the URL:

KoreaKonnection - Online ESL Recruitment

Can someone improve on that for me? (don't worry...I'm going to change the background colour)

Thanks!!

2. Randy...

Randy... Guest

Hi Skitzo - since there is a current logo on your site and you're asking for someone to help improve it, I'm moving this into the Logo Help area of the forum.

3. Skitzo

Skitzo

Thanks Digger!! Sorry about that

4. Worlock

Worlock Guest

Skitzo....
    I went to your site and looked at your current logo..I went on a basis of your logo to present a more bolder look, Plus I thought an addition of the Korean Language would add character to it as well....Heres what I designed .

Attached Files:

5. Worlock

Worlock Guest

Heres a friendly variation and its very colorful...I read where you were going to change colors or something to that effect...
    Anyways..I thought this would be friendly for those eyes who see it :).

Attached Files:

6. Skitzo

Skitzo

Those are pretty nice! Fo rhte life of me I can't figure out the Korean you included, and I lived there for two years!!

7. Worlock

Worlock Guest

Hey there Skitzo...thanks for the reply...to be honest I dont have the language skills to speak, type or read Korean myself, So I used Babblefish to translate english into korean...Now wether or not they are correct in thier conversions or not reamins a mystery to me. in the first logo the word is suppose to say Korean Connection...Not real sure about that, and in the second logo...Its hello in korean too, or again supposed to be anyways....The blue balloon is in english and the 2 orange ones are korean saying it back in their native language..
    Thanks for the feedback...Worlock.

8. cybrnetico

cybrnetico Staff Member

giving it a shot

Attached Files:

9. cybrnetico

cybrnetico Staff Member

another with basic elements

Attached Files:

10. gettagrip

gettagrip

How about this? I tried matching the colors of your website as close as I could.

Attached Files:

11. gettagrip

gettagrip

Here's a different globe.
    I think I like this one better.

Attached Files:

12. Worlock

Worlock Guest

teaching oriented logo

Attached Files:

13. Skitzo

Skitzo

You guys are awesome!! I should be working on the site tomorrow during the day - I hope to find a spot for these graphics all over the place!! The hard part is the mysql and php stuff. I'm new to it and there are 3 separate databases in there with separate logins.

14. Skitzo

Skitzo

got it!!

Ok... I took your ideas - globe, swoosh and everything and made a rough mock up. It's on the site now. However, it doesn't look that good. I want the swoosh to "go around" the letters - to be borken up by it. But I like the letter placement etc. - I didn't use the right colours for the letters though - ugh

Could you take a look and see how you could use that design?

KoreaKonnection - Online ESL Recruitment

Thanks again!!

15. gettagrip

gettagrip

Hi,
    I took a stab at it. I don't know what font you used and I think the colors are off too but I think it just needs to be tweaked a bit. I like the placement of the letters too.

Attached Files:

16. Skitzo

Skitzo

Ya that's the type of thing! Now what colour should we use for the lettering? - the light blue washes it out - I should't have tried that one eh...Perhaps a deep red? What other colours would you guys suggest with that site?

17. gettagrip

gettagrip

I pulled these colors from the navigation bar on the right of your web page. I tried two different globs. I peronally like the blue and green globe. What do you think?

Attached Files:

18. Skitzo

Skitzo

That's sweet! The font looks good too.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.