Tadaaaaaa....

Discussion in 'Help wanted with my design' started by HiJacKingQueen, May 2, 2006.

?

Logo/Avatar for HiJacKingQueen

1. Peeking Eyes with Cards

37.5%
  2. not really a 3D

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. 3rd Eye?

12.5%
  4. Lay Me Down! (lol)

25.0%
  5. Logo with Crown

25.0%
Multiple votes are allowed.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. HiJacKingQueen

HiJacKingQueen

hi gang!

ok, i have here 5 samples of samples that i intend to use as my avatar and logo.

Kindly pick the design which you like best and your insights, critisms and comments to help improve the design, are all welcome.

:thankyou:

Attached Files:

2. cybrnetico

cybrnetico Staff Member

I like the lay me down one, because of your forum initials. Maybe just brighten up the eye like in #2. IMHO.

3. Lamo1graphic

Lamo1graphic

theres no option for non of them

only joking the last one

4. blackknight

blackknight

I like the first but with the HJKQ of the 4th one added to it.

5. LogoManiac

LogoManiac

I like parts of the following...

#1 - cards
    #4 the lettering
    #5 the crown

I think if you found a way to combine those, you would have something better than the current 5 choices. Good job though either way. You are having some great ideas.

6. HiJacKingQueen

HiJacKingQueen

Hi Guys!

Thanks so much to y'all for your valuable comments.

I do like the font too in the 4th sample and this was done through TLC - i think i have 4 overlapping font images to come up with that effect.

I tried to spell out my forum nic but it doesnt come out nice so i think its better that i just have my initials.

Logomanica: i will play around with the crown and try to see how i can integrate it well with the image.

So here it is - my new avatar/logo - weeeeeeee!

Thanks a lot again to yall.

7. blackknight

blackknight

About the crown.... as in any logo design, it is easy to get caught up trying to put everything that we need in a design but the basic rules is: less is more.; or simplify; I would say either the crown or the cards but you have an image of eyes on there and you don't want to be too crowded. I think because of the jack, king, queen in your name, that the cards are appropriate. Also, if the initials were in black or a darker color like a wine or burgandy that it would be a bit more classy; but... that is just my opinion.
    Other than that, your Avatar looks great!

8. cybrnetico

cybrnetico Staff Member

good choice HIJKQ :)

9. HiJacKingQueen

HiJacKingQueen

This is where am gonna need to shout for HeeeeeeLLLLppp!

thanks Cybernetico!

tyvm too Greg for the very nice comments. I agree to all the points you have raised - very well said! :thankyou:

yes, i believe that a black font would make it look more classy/classic and am just about to upload it now but am wondering why there is still that gray background there. I have exported it to transparent png format and in transparent gif format but that gray box still continues to stalk me! rofl..

i tried removing the white backing then exporting it again to both transparent png and gif formats and uploaded them but Grrrrrr - that gray box still appears. Unggghhh..

:helpnow: ( blonde moments for me?) lol..

10. blackknight

blackknight

For Thess

Hi, here is something I thought would be appropriate for your Avatar. You shouldn't have any problem. One is a jpeg that probably won't do but the other is a trans png that should work. I added 2 more so between them all, something should work for you.

Attached Files:

11. HiJacKingQueen

HiJacKingQueen

aaaw, so nice of you Greg... thanks a lot for the effort and time you've spent doing these!

12. KD-did

KD-did

Avatar area is square so the rest is filled in by the forum software program...try making the background the same color as the header where the avatar shows and it will disappear. Make the logo background RGB input 225,228,242.

13. HiJacKingQueen

HiJacKingQueen

thanks kate!

i think greg followed your tip coz i see his avatar looking transparent now, lol.

but look at mine, hmmm... there is a white line at the bottom and at the right side... unnggghhh, help katieeee! lol!

14. blackknight

blackknight

did you set the code within TLC to what Katie gave you?

15. KD-did

KD-did

Sizing it 150X125 may solve that. What did you use to resize to make it avatar size?

16. HiJacKingQueen

HiJacKingQueen

yes Greg, i typed in those values in the RGB input.

Katie - i didnt specify any size... i just dragged the outsides of the canvass to resize the canvass such that the avatar is enclosed in a square box, lol.

it is 11:17 pm here.. maybe am just too tired and my brain cells sleepy now, rofl.

i will just check out this thread tomorrow.

thanks a lot again katie and greg for your prompt reply!

nite!!!!

17. Shelly

Shelly

Ok just cleaned up the background a little for you hope this helps.

Attached Files:

18. HiJacKingQueen

HiJacKingQueen

hey there Shelly... thanks for the help! however, i can't upload the image as it exceeded the allowed file size.

anyway, following katie's advise, i resized the image and voila, the lines disappeared. Weeeeeeee!

so ok.. i think this avatar project of mine can now be considered as completed! :announ:

and a Huge THANK YOU!!! to all the Admin Staff for all the support, advise, comments they have given.
    :thankyou:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.