SWF compatibility

Discussion in 'The Flash Ad Creator' started by MichaelSS, Oct 3, 2008.

1. MichaelSS

MichaelSS

I am trying to find out what version of SWF this application outputs.
    We have an application that displays SWFS but SWFS created in this application do not show up.
    Is there a setting to output AS3 compatibe swfs?

2. KD-did

KD-did

3. MichaelSS

MichaelSS

Thanks KD!

4. Mr Laughingbird

Mr Laughingbird Staff Member

5. MichaelSS

MichaelSS

Thanks Marc!
    my client says he is using version 2.5
    I asked him to go to the update link you sent me anyway.
    Is there anything about the way your software generates swf's that may not be 100% compatible with the flash player (standalone)? because i cannot get them to play with the flash player, only in a browser at this point.

Michael

6. Mr Laughingbird

Mr Laughingbird Staff Member

Hmmm...
    What version of the player are you using?

The newer version may not work with version 7 or below.

Inside The Flash Ad Creator's folder, you'll find "Resources"
    Inside this folder, you'll find the correct Flash Player (this is the player that launches when you click the 'preview' button in the software).

Drag and drop the .swf over this Flash Player icon, and let me know if all runs smoothly.

Marc

7. MichaelSS

MichaelSS

Hey there Marc.
    Thanks for your responses.
    Its my client that actually bought the software and is creating swfs, so i will have him test that, however, i am using version 9 of the player to try and open the swfs he sent me that he created with flash ad creator.
    I know they work when i open them directly in Flash CS3, but not in the player at all.

when i double click them (im on a mac) the flash player opens as if it is going to open the file, but no window ever opens with the file.

Michael

8. Flashorama

Flashorama

Hi Michael

Try updating the Flash player from Adobe website. If it still doesn't work, see if you can attach a copy of your swf for me to check.

cheers
    :)

9. MichaelSS

MichaelSS

10. Flashorama

Flashorama

I guess this is certainly an issue with your machine as I just opened your files in 2 WIN machines.

I will check with a MAC in a few hours as well.

Although the SWFs made are different from how flash does it but it should open with latest flash players.

I think your flash player may be corrupt, try uninstalling it and then installing the latest one.

cheers

11. MichaelSS

MichaelSS

HEy Marc.
    I got the files to successfully open up with flash player 7 (i found an older player version on my computer)
    I dont know if you got my email, but my development team thinks that perhaps the external link is creating a security issue, also they asked if these are actionscript 1 swfs, dynamically generating the content...
    That leads me to the question of if i could get some sort of demo or version of your software to test with? I would like to tell my client that the software is comaptible with ours and that we can use swfs generated with the flash ad creator.
    ThankS!

Michael

12. KD-did

KD-did

Michael, Marc's user name is laughingbird. Flashorama is a very talented programmer who has been working on a project for a new product with Marc. I am unaware of any Demo for the FAC.

13. MichaelSS

MichaelSS

Thanks again KD for helping me to get more "in the know" around here!
    Thanks flashorama for your suggestion, but it seems that even a fresh flash player wont open the swf. I was successful with a flash version 7 player.
    do you know if these are actionscript1 generated movies?

14. Flashorama

Flashorama

Michael

I have tried these files in over few different machines both MAC and WIN, they seem to work very well. Do you find this problem on just one machine or more?

To answer your question, these are AS2 generated SWFs.

cheers

15. MichaelSS

MichaelSS

Thank You FLashorama.!
    Im still trying to figure out what it is that my client is doing to create his ads, possibly his export settings?
    I grabbed one of your samples from your site and it works fine with our system.
    I was not able to open those files on any mac here.. my systems are all leopard, i dont know if thats an issue or not.
    I am still trying to figure out how he can generate swfs with your tool that will work with ours.
    Again.. i was successful using your samples....
    Michael