1. New Software Notice alert!

The new Web Graphics Creator (version 4.0) will be out soon.

For now, version 3.0 is still active and works great on most Windows machines. It no longer runs on Macs using Lion or greater... (but the new version will fix this)

So hang in there! It's almost done!

.swf button background color

Discussion in 'Web Graphics Creator' started by lost-angel, Dec 16, 2006.

1. lost-angel

lost-angel

just purchased software. software does not generate html code for button unlike most other flash software. I code by hand...starting with blank notepad, dont have dreamweaver or any other builder... just a blank note pad. like i said Wgc does not generate html code for swf buttons wich is fine... i know the object/embed code but the object/embed code is failing to control background to button ... my website has a black background theme, wgc is generating a swf button with white background... i need the background of the swf to be black... here's my hand code:
    both object and embed are failing to set background as black!!! any suggestions? or does this software recognize any background colors other than white

2. lost-angel

lost-angel

<param name="wmode" value="transparent"> <-would that work instead of the <param name = bgcolor>?... would "transparent" be the correct code as opposed to the html color code... i have removed flash button from my site just looking for the correct code before i experiment again

3. lost-angel

lost-angel

problem solved... and for anyone else who may want to manipulate bg color of button you will need to use:
    <param name="wmode" value="transparent"> in the object tag and
    wmode="transparent" in the embed tag... this will make button assume same background as webpage it sits on
    -------------------------
    WGC is my secound purchase, i like it but wish list= html code generator for rendered button swf files

4. Mr Laughingbird

Mr Laughingbird Staff Member

Excellent thread Angel.
    I will post this in the tutorial portion of the software.

Yes, the 'wmode' tag will make the buttons (and any other Flash .swf file) transparent.

This 'wmode = transparent' is exported in the HTML that is produced when you create the spinning eBooks.

- Marc