Stuck in 3.6 land

Discussion in 'Raves and Rants' started by fishmaven, Aug 14, 2004.

1. fishmaven

fishmaven

In trying to update
    #1 I can't find my key.
    #2 I've never posted here and I don't know about choosing the font and size, etc. I've always just punched the keys in and it pops up on the screen...
    #3 I bought TLC on July 2nd. Installed it ...same. The other day I visited CompUSA and picked up Expansion pk #1. When I opened it there were NO directions. I figured it would be intuitive... wrong. So I played with 3.0 and went to the web site, got updated, installed it. Then I discovered there was yet another, newer version -3.6. Now I can't do anything with it.
    #4 If I could remember my lock key I still wouldn't know how to add the expansion pack. I don't normally feel this dumb when working with new stuff. Did I just miss the meeting where all the users here found out how this works??

2. KD-did

KD-did

Fishmaven, just midday yesterday Marc ( Laughingbird) posted another new link that gets around the whole key issue. Look at http://www.logodesignforum.com/forums/showthread.php?p=6190#post6190

Normally you can get your Digital River's TLC "key" from going to http://www.thelogocreator.com/orderlookup.htm .

I don't know what the procedure is for the retail store version is or if there is a problem between the 2 licenses which would prevent the Expansion Pak from joining the library of the other . PM Marc through the forum for the quickest answer.

3. fishmaven

fishmaven

I DID use that link but I had already downloaded and installed the other guy. Now without the key I'm stuck. I know I wrote the number down in the manual. So, when I figure out where the manual is...

I bought the software at CompUSA so digital River wouldn't have a clue as to my order...

4. Guardian57

Guardian57

I just bought a hard copy of 3.5 and registered, but I received no unlock. The software is useless to me. The method of unlocking is hokey and nothing like I've ever seen for a store bought copy.

5. KD-did

KD-did

I am beginning to wonder if the restore function of XP maybe complicating things. Have any of you tried a restore date before the upgrade date? to see if things run as they should?

6. Guardian57

Guardian57

I'm using win2k pro

7. fishmaven

fishmaven

Okay, I'm no longer stuck. I have a hero.

Now about the Expansion Pack... when I open the disc there are 5 items. One, DATA, has 7 folders inside. Should I move these to the TLC folder or move the entire disc to the TLC folder? Obviously, I'm using a Mac. I'm told Mac people think of their computers as another person. Evidently I suffer from this. I just expect the TLC program to have an IMPORT or that double clicking somewhere on the disc would make it all happen. I get treated like a step-child at CompUSA anyway, if I had known I could get this at Digital River I would have. I was trying to use up store credit.
    Dan