Stretching image objects?

Discussion in 'The Logo Creator' started by petermengo, Jun 2, 2007.

1. petermengo

petermengo

Greetings All! Is there any way to stretch an object in only one direction? What I'd like the ability to do is scale an object (ideally with a slider! or command key combination) up/down or right/left, but not all at the same time. The only way I can think of to do it, is to export the object and use Photoshop or Illustrator - then re-import it. Couldn't find anything in the tutorials eaither. Thanks for your help!

2. Mr Laughingbird

Mr Laughingbird Staff Member

Hi Peter.

Yes, this is a much requested feature.
    We're working on this for a future version.

Your work around method (using Photoshop) is a good one. Export the image from TLC as a PNG -Transparent. You'll find it much cleaner, with no background in the way, when you bring it into Photoshop.

There's also a trick you can use with TLC!
    Check out this tutorial:
    The Web Graphics Creator - by Laughingbird Software

At the bottom, you'll see you can stretch or squish an image.
    Once you stretch or squish it, use the PNG-transparent export and then bring it back into your logo.

Hope this make sense :D

- Marc

3. dscratch

dscratch

Same issue

I had the same issue when I wanted to stretch an image within TLC. I did it outside of TLC then had to import the image. It's easy enough to do, but would have been quicker to do it right from the canvas. It would be a nice feature to have in TLC, but there are always easy work-a-rounds.

4. petermengo

petermengo

Thanks for the workarounds

I like the idea of squashing by squeezing the canvas. An easy fox for the objects I need (so far ...). Thanks for the help!