Strange small blurry grey Image.

Discussion in 'Questions or troubles updating' started by Robert Bagnall, May 19, 2013.

1. Robert Bagnall

Robert Bagnall

Hi has anybody else had a problem when trying to upload images to the Logo Creator? Just yesterday I have not been able to use it because every time I upload and image to the canvas it shows up as a very small blurry grey spot. Any ideas?
    spotframe.png
    Thanks!

2. gcuneo2

gcuneo2

What is the image format you are trying to upload? TLC only understands JPG's, SWF's, and PNG's. Any other format (Like the photoshop PSD format) will show up with a little box, or blurry thing as depicted.

3. johndeb

johndeb

I just purchased the software. The same thing happens to me. I can not upload a JPG OR PNG from my computer. It shows up as a small blur. I have emailed for help but have not received an answer.

4. gcuneo2

gcuneo2

Select an image, and import it. You will probably get the same small "blurry image" depicted in your post.

After the image is imported look at the image scale and slide the scale all the way to the right (the max enlargement is 2.0).

Look at my attached photo--note the image scale is crazy small-- which pretty much duplicates what you are seeing in your attachment.

Let me know if you cannot select the image.

Also check out if the IMAGE BLUR option is turned on.
    image scale.JPG
    blure.JPG

5. johndeb

johndeb

I did what you suggested and it did not help at all. It enlarged it a little but it is still a small blur. and my blur is OFF. I have tried to uninstall and reinstall the software and it still does not work.

6. johndeb

johndeb

I am still waiting for help. Can't use software as I need to upload images. What is uploading is not my image but a small blur that looks like a logo of some kind.

7. Mr Laughingbird

Mr Laughingbird Staff Member

8. johndeb

johndeb

I don't have a mac I have a pc so don't understand how that applies to me. I uninstalled & reinstalled again, it still does not work.

9. gcuneo2

gcuneo2

10. johndeb

johndeb

OK got the latest version of Adobe Air and still have the problem. Any other idea?

11. KD-did

KD-did

Is TLC and the image on the same level on your computer? Try putting the image on your desktop and importing from there.

12. johndeb

johndeb

It worked. I put the image on my desktop and imported it from there and it worked. Previously I was trying to import it from a file on my computer. I thought that was how it was done. Well, at least I have a do around, just have to move the image to my desktop first. Thanks, it has been a mystery.

13. KD-did

KD-did

Normally you could import from a file on your computer but the image just must have been too deep.

14. gcuneo2

gcuneo2

Things to consider:

• More than one user on the computer, with their own account (A typical scenario: a husband orders The logo creator while on his wife's account, then signs into his account, only to not find the software)
    • "permission" issues
    • 3rd party software (SpeedmyPC, or Savemypc) (I made those names up), which for the life of me don't understand why products like that are even sold. I have yet to come across any such program which actually helps- they typically do more harm than good.
    • I've created test file locations that are 23 layers "deep", and have had no issue importing.
    • NEVER EVER EVER EVER utilize any 'FREE online pc tuneup / virus checker / speedup" offer. 99.99% of the time they are just platforms for putting malware on your computer. Of course such free online checks offered by Symantec, Microsoft, etc... (well know big named companies) are still ok...
    • Always complete a full system scan for viruses every once in a while---INCLUDING A REMOVABLE MEDIA such as thumbdrives and portable hard drives.