Stopping LOOP

Discussion in 'The Flash Ad Creator' started by chuck9997, Jun 5, 2007.

1. chuck9997

chuck9997

In the first version of FAC.. I was able to ad some code and make the FLASH loop stop and freeze on the last frame. the code looked something like this:

<param name="LOOP" value="false">

However.. I tried inserting the code into the HTML for a new ad created with V2.. and it doesn't seem to do anyhting.

Is there a way to keep the FLASH movie from looping?

2. Doc

Doc Staff Member

The code I added to the html has a couple of 'loop=false' instructions try it and see if it works for you. The line highlighted in red may be the key. Note I had to add a space between clsid: and D27 etc to stop the colon and D being interpreted as a smiley remove the space from your html if you decide to try it

<OBJECT classid="clsid: D27CDB6E-AE6D-11cf-96B8-444553540000" codebase="http://active.macromedia.com/flash2/cabs/swflash.cab#version=4,0,0,0" ID=Untitled WIDTH=400 HEIGHT=400>
    <PARAM NAME=movie VALUE="My_Ad.swf">
    <PARAM NAME=quality VALUE=high>
    <PARAM NAME=loop VALUE=False>
    <EMBED src="My_Ad.swf" loop=false quality=high
    WIDTH=400 HEIGHT=400 TYPE="application/x-shockwave-flash"
    PLUGINSPAGE="http://www.macromedia.com/shockwave/download/index.cgi?P1_Prod_Version=ShockwaveFlash">
    </EMBED>
    </OBJECT>

3. chuck9997

chuck9997

Thanks for the suggestion.. I used you code (fixed).. and inserted the right file name and dimensions.. it still loops..

Thanks.. I'll keep trying

4. mel2000

mel2000

chuck9997, I have found workarounds for your situation, but I don't think you'll like them.

[Workaround 1]
    If you can find a swf development app that can directly open the FAC swf on a timeline, do so and add a stop() actionscript instruction to the last frame of the file (set swf version = 7 or higher), then export the timeline as a swf.

[Workaround 2]
    However, I've found that most third-party swf programs cannot directly open or correctly render a FAC swf, so it must be converted to a more compatible format first.
    1.) Convert your FAC swf to an avi file (using WinAVI Video Converter, for example)
    2.) Import the avi onto the Macromedia Flash8 timeline and add a stop() actionscript instruction to the last frame of the file, then export the timeline as a swf.

It is my experience that WinAVI Converter is one of the few programs that can open a FAC swf and correctly convert it to an avi, but it can only do that if I delete the contents of the Font folder (that is created by FAC with each swf) first, otherwise it will crash (I don't know why the Font folder contents is unimportant to WinAVI). To avoid degradation due to compression, render the avi using a lossless codec such as Huffy or TechSmith, or just render as uncompressed.

[Workaround 3]
    Once you have converted the FAC swf to an avi, use SoThink Flash Video Converter to re-convert the avi to a swf, but set the appropriate configuration option to NOT loop.

Those are terrible workarounds that require additional software, but are the only ones I've found that let's me use FAC output with third-party apps.