1. New Software Notice alert!

The new Web Graphics Creator (version 4.0) will be out soon.

For now, version 3.0 is still active and works great on most Windows machines. It no longer runs on Macs using Lion or greater... (but the new version will fix this)

So hang in there! It's almost done!

Still Can't Install WGC on my MAC resolved 9/24

Discussion in 'Web Graphics Creator' started by markament, Sep 23, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. markament

markament

Hello,

It's now been 5 days since I downloaded WGC and still can't install it on my MAC.

I've downloaded the software various times from the different links you provided and still can't use the software.

Here's what I do after download:

On my destop there is a file called "WebGraphicsCreator_v3_Setup.dmg"

I click on that one and then I get the mountable disk icon, but unfortunately the same message as
    before appears:

"The Item WebGrapshicsCreator-v3-Setpup: is used by Mac OS X and cannot be opened."

To fix this:
    I've read the forum posts of BASKI

I've tried restarting - that doesnt' help.
    I've tried deleting and downloading again - 3 x - no good
    I've tried deleting and downloading from the Link Marc sent via email - no good.
    I've repaired the permissions, deleted and downloaded and restarted - no good.

I'm on OX 10.3.9.

As I only have a MAC, this is the only program of it's type that I've seen.

I have some projects I'd really like to get on with.

Any other ideas will be greatly appreciated.

By the way, since BASKI had the same problem, I imagine it's not just a problem with my computer (plus other software installs fine).

Thanks

Mark

Hi Mark.
    Thanks for the note.

I'm sorry to hear this.
    Very strange.

Try this download instead:

User: XXXXXXXX
    Pass: XXXXXXXX

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX Let me know if ...are [url]http://www.laughingbirdsoftware.com

Visit our forum!
    http://www.logodesignforum.com

eMail: mark@healingvibes.com

Hi, I've just downloaded your program to my MAC. I click on the setup.dmg file - it verifies and then I get this message: "The Item WebGrapshicsCreator-v3-Setpup: is used by Mac OS X and cannot be opened. I am running OS 10.3.9 and have no trouble installing other programs. My order number is: xxxxxxxxxxx Please help Thanks

2. Worlock

Worlock Guest

I wish I could help you but Im a PC user...KD-did could help you...she has a Mac...and Im willing to bet she'll be on here in about 20 minutes and she will answer your post :)

3. KD-did

KD-did

What are you unpacking the the WGC with? Is it the latest edition of the unzipping program? Ideally you are using the latest edition of StuffIt Expander.If it isn't an unpacking issue I haven't clue what is going on in this case. My laptop OSX 10.3.9 handled the download and installation just fine.... no issue with downloading from the same link or installation of my download .

4. Mr Laughingbird

Mr Laughingbird Staff Member

... sigh.
    markament, I had sent you an eMail last night about this - apparently just before you posted the 'secret' password and user name that I provided to you to redownload the software.

Why you decided to do that I don't know.

You're problem may be OS 10.3.9

I've compressed the Mac version into a ".dmg" format. The .dmg format can be read by any Macs without the need for unzipping software (as the Windows counterpart needs). Apparantly, OS 10.3.9 is having issues with the .dmg format.

I had uploaded an older file format for you - and posted it for you to download.

Check your eMail again Mark.
    And, in the future - please don't post username's or passwords in an open forum. That information was meant to be private.

Marc

5. markament

markament

HI Marc,

First thing - sorry about posting the other link you sent. It was inadvertent.
    I had just copied one of the emails I sent to you and left it as is. My mistake.

I didn't mean to cause any difficulty for you.

SECOND.

The new download link you just sent does not work - the password and login must be incorrect.

I get to the authentication page, but the user name and password are not accepted.

Can you PLEASE help with this. It's 6 days now since I downloaded the software.

I'd really like to use it.

Please double check the passwords you send.

Thanks,

Mark

6. Mr Laughingbird

Mr Laughingbird Staff Member

Check your eMail Mark!
    I've fixed this.

No worries on the password.
    It's all good.

Marc

7. markament

markament

Marc,

One of these times, I trust we'll get this working.

The latest download is complete, but after I unzip it, I get a .exe file.

As you know that's not a MAC file

So, I'm still unable to use the program.

What do you suggest now?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.