Started the software and all gone

Discussion in 'General Support' started by JockB, Dec 17, 2014.

1. JockB

JockB

Ok something is really weird. I started the software tonight to design some banners and everything is gone, all add ons, logos the lot. Whats going on!

2. gunsmoke

gunsmoke

Need a little more information ... what did you do prior to this? Install new software, simple reboot, run a cleaning utility? Are you on a PC or MAC? The more information you can give us, the better we may be able to help you. Also, which version of TLC are you using? And what add ons do you have? Did you just install a new add on? Or upgrade your TLC version? Let us know...

3. JockB

JockB

I am running a mac, recently upgraded to new OS X but the software was working fine after that as i use it a lot. I am using th latest version of the software and I am confused at what has happened. It just went. I installed the new youtube addon and pack and it went after that.

4. gunsmoke

gunsmoke

Okay, hang in there JockB. I don't use a MAC so I'm not going to be the best at this. You'll probably have to wait for KD-Did or Glenn. I'm sure they can get you up and running as lots of folks use MACs with no problems. If one of them doesn't answer this soon, I'd drop a support ticket in from the support center as that is sometimes quicker to get a response. But hopefully it won't take too long. When you figure it out, please post back here and let us know what fixed it as it may help another user. Thanks.

5. gcuneo2

gcuneo2

There's a fix available. Enable "Timemachine" on Your MAC, and go back a few days. If you don't have a backup, put in a support request:

I may have to provide a direct download link to a file with a new installer AND I CAN ONLY PROVIDE THAT LINK VIA A SUPPORT REQUEST.

try this:
    Do you have Time Machine activated on your Mac?

If so:

Open your Documents Folder on your computer.
    Look for “Laughingbird Documents”

activate Time Machine and go back a few days.
    Hopefully, you’ll see the older Laughingbird Documents folder. Bring it back.

SUPPORT REQUEST LINK:

https://laughingbirdsoftware.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/requests/new

6. JockB

JockB

ok I have found the folders, how do i bring them back so to speak and where do i get my add ons that are missing

7. JockB

JockB

ok so do i have to reinstall everything again.

8. gunsmoke

gunsmoke

JockB, I'm not sure how much time Glenn is spending on here just now. Did you open a support ticket with the link above. That goes straight to the support desk and he should see and be able to help you. Wish I could, but I just have never worked on a MAC.

9. JockB

JockB

I must be going blind dude, where is the link for the support desk.

10. gunsmoke

gunsmoke