Sports Logos

Discussion in 'FUN and Sharing Forum for Non-Creator stuff' started by blackknight, Mar 3, 2006.

1. blackknight

blackknight

As some of you know, I have done a few sports logos and lately have been working to perfect this aspect of logos. TLC is used on most of the ones I create but not primary. I hope this gives some inspiration but I am also just learning so that I might become more proficiant at my design skills.

Attached Files:

2. blackknight

blackknight

Just an idea for Borpean, a whole new set of generic sports mascots would be great. If you had several head shots to be used would be nice. Is this do-able on your horizons Dave? I for one would purchase, anyone else interested in these types of logos?

3. Mr Laughingbird

Mr Laughingbird Staff Member

Hey BK...
    You're really getting good!

YES! Hook up with Borpean!

I'm flying up to visit him this next week. I'll slap him around a bit, tell him to get on the ball with this idea. It's terrific! He can do the toons, you can create the logos and signs!

make a logo pak and sell it! :)

- Marc

4. blackknight

blackknight

Thanks Marc

If you are interested, so am I. I would love to put together a pac of very do-able sports type logos that can be done completely in TLC. Let me know. Meanwhile, here is another logo, hope you like

Attached Files:

5. blackknight

blackknight

I think Borpean should create more mascots. I think we should all send him a pm and flood his mailbox. LOL

6. wacki56

wacki56 Super Mod

..I'm still waiting for a reply from Master Marc on a "price cut (break)" for the Sports Pack TLC now has (hint)! I would truly be interested in some new sports "stuff". I would love to incorporate the theme into the work I am doing for our Local Childrens Hospital.

Bill

7. blackknight

blackknight

Sounds like a very good cause.

8. blackknight

blackknight

Let me know if I can help

9. Keeper

Keeper

Some of Mine

Here are some of mine. Less colour in them so I can stick them on my tee shirts etc, it's easier for printing. Being from the UK these type of logos go down like a lead balloon but I like 'em!

[​IMG][​IMG]

10. Keeper

Keeper

Here is My Real Football Team Dorcan Old Boys FC

Here is this seasons badge for Dorcan Old Boys FC and couple I made for a team called Fox and Hounds that really liked the badges and then never got back to me! Ho hum I enjoy myself anyway!

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

11. Keeper

Keeper

Some More Imaginary Teams That Only Exist in My Head

These are from the fevered brain of me and no where else. I am taking the medication honestly!

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

Okay I know there is some 'altered' clipart in my images but I also produce images drawn in pen and ink and then vectorized and added to logos. I also have a full time job, paint in acrylics (which I've actually started selling - woo hoo!) and help run Dorcan Old Boys FC as well as play for them (at 43) so I think taking a few short cuts can be forgiven!

Cheers to all
    Keeper
    (The REAL Dave S!)

12. wacki56

wacki56 Super Mod

The kids really like the "cartoon-ish" images I make for them. I manage over 40 websites for cancer kids and their families. A good way for Friends to keep in touch without having to feel as though they are a bother. In our 3 1/2 year battle with cancer in our Son, we've grown acustom to this practice.
    FYI......Today is the 2 year anniversary of our Sons bone marrow transplant.

Be Well,

Billy's Dad {Bill}

Billy's Page

Husband Father Veteran

Ultimate Childhood
    cancer sites!

CB Family and Friends

13. blackknight

blackknight

Well, I certainly enjoyed that. Nice to see that someone has similiar thinking as I. About the medication; do you think somehow that the meds are keeping you from adding color? Too bright on the eyes? LOL Where do you get some of your icons, mascot heads etc..?
    Here is something else I enjoy doing. These "tails" are fun and I was inspired from the jam'n art web page

Attached Files:

14. Keeper

Keeper

Wacki56 you are more than welcome to take anything I've done - it's not that good I know but if you can put it to good use please feel free. I don't think I know anyone who's life hasn't been affected directly by cancer. Personally I have and my wife has and so have our families and friends - so fight the fight my friend. If you want the AI files I have them.

Blacknight I was not sure if your reply was aimed at me or Wacki!! So I've taken the liberty to reply just in case, if it wasn't I apologise in advance and I wouldn't bother reading the ramble below!

If it's me I don't use many colours because I use Spreadshirt and they can only use two colours on vector images when they print with flock and flex on merchandising, plus on their site these colours can be added as you add them to the prodcuts so images downloaded to them don't have to have any specific colours.

Some of the heads are standard clipart which I vectorize using Adobe Streamline and then alter by pulling points about removing lines adding bumps etc. The Hellhounds head is my own that I drew from scratch and also the dog head and the fox head on the last Fox and Hound's badge (one with the soccer ball) are mine drawn from scratch. I would do more but I haven't always got the time so I do cheat! I have looked at Jam Art and I bought the Tiger set off them so that's were the tiger heads come from. I also got the imposter Dave S to create 'Hoofy' my football (soccer) team's mascot for Dorcan Old Boys FC. I would recommend Dave (Borpean) he is very accommodating and will work and work until you get what you want and to top it all he's a nice bloke too!

My other work can be found on my HayFace link below and my other websites. I did have personal website featuring my acrylic paintings etc but I've pulled it offline for the time being, not enough time! Now I've starting selling paintings, typical isn't it?!

Keep up the good work everyone!
    Keeper

15. Keeper

Keeper

Hey Blacknight I was thinking of creating some of these swoosh words for my soccer team's merchandising. Care to share how you did it? What fonts do you use and do you make the basic image in TLC and the go through Photoshop or do you do it all on TLC?

I would be most interested and grateful if you would give me a few pointers.

Cheers,
    Keeper
    (the REAL Dave S)

16. D RAT2

D RAT2

Here's a sports logo I did also inspired by Jam'n Arts.. I also that site.

17. D RAT2

D RAT2

He most likely created them in another program like the one I did below. Took About 5 mins.

18. wacki56

wacki56 Super Mod

....Thank you My Friend, I appreciate your concern and generosity.

Be Well,

Bill

19. Keeper

Keeper

Errr....what programme? I have AI but I am not that good on it and TLC obviously and my wife uses Photoshop Elements with her business. I was just curious because I was going to try this type of logo in the near future and needed a few pointers. That's all.

Cheers,
    Keeper

20. D RAT2

D RAT2

Sorry, The shape started out as an rectangle and I reshaped into a swoosh. You should be able to accomplish this in any draw program. Very easy !