sphere - help?

Discussion in 'Help wanted with my design' started by dimeco, Oct 4, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dimeco

dimeco

I posted in an earlier thread (space) but I'm trying to go a "slightly" different route and am getting completely frustrated.

I have some excellent images that I've gotten that are royalty free, however they all have backgrounds and its near impossible to make them transparent OR (preferably) circular (not rectangle as they are).

Any ideas? I'm trying to get something catchy that shows the concept of a gateway, portal, vortal, space, (to the net approach). Tried the vortex approach and that just didn't work.

I tried looking for "glass" type of a globe but I haven't found anything I really like (and haven't a clue how to turn an image into a glass effect).

Here's some of what I have so far...

Attached Files:

2. dimeco

dimeco

And here's a few others...

My preference at "this" point is the red globe (and the other that matches it in blue).

I couldn't think of any mascot - considered going that route - but not sure if I want something goofy.

I'm "trying" to come up with something that's memorable in a sense like how simple Yahoo, Google with its colored letters, MSN with its butterfly, Firefox with its globe...

Something that'll immediately associate our site with that pic when someone "just" sees the logo for example.

(I added the gateway approach as well - last image).

I'm at a loss for anything more than this. Do you think any of these are "catchy" enough?

Any thoughts or suggestions? Help? :helpnow:

Amber

Attached Files:

3. Mr Laughingbird

Mr Laughingbird Staff Member

Awesome DimeCo!

I love them all!
    The very first one is my favorite.

That is a Vortex!

Nice stuff DC!
    Personally, I don't think you need any help :D

-Marc

4. Chris

Chris Staff Member

this is a glass sphere, it is transparent. You might play with this. Once you click on it the black background will go away. It will turn the color of what ever background is behind it,basically a glass sphere.

5. theghoul

theghoul

6. dimeco

dimeco

Well I had to make adjustments because the first logo (thx marc - I can't take the credit really LOL) was mostly from one image. I want to make it more "mine", so I have combined a few. How's this? (The second one has the glass globe - thx btw!)

Attached Files:

7. Chris

Chris Staff Member

How about this. I throw together some images I had made and came up with this. Your welcome on the orb. I hope the glass orb comes in handy for you.

8. Chris

Chris Staff Member

I changed the glass orb around and put it on top of the text.

9. dimeco

dimeco

Hey Mac - I really like those. Especially the Red (Our colors on the inside of the system are red fading to blue). The first one you did is almost perfect with it :) Did you want anything for these? (PM me).

Amber

10. Chris

Chris Staff Member

how about these? I also sent you a PM.

11. Lamo1graphic

Lamo1graphic

HERES A SLIGHTLY DIFFERANT IDEA FOR U TO CONSIDER
    [​IMG]

12. Flotsom

Flotsom

It's entirely possible that I've misunderstood something, but is this what you wanted to do? I just used the mask in the Leisure Edition set and exported it as a transparent gif file.

P.S. Being transparent, the black square will go away when you click to enlarge it. :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.