Specific question about Character Creator and my business...

Discussion in 'Marketing Tips' started by ASHL, Jul 20, 2014.

1. ASHL

ASHL

Because the guy who manufactures my scooters has a CAT face on his logo that I must use, I was hoping to make a Mascot that looked somewhat LIKE it, but yet was sweeter, nicer looking. Ha. Like it's a girl version. I am sooooooooo not artistic. Thought about making a paw print that would look like a character, but I'm stumped. Does ANYONE out there have any ideas?
    FYI, my husband just retired as a former elementary school teacher, and I don't work. This new scooter business has to work. So far we are only on Facebook in two profiles, but I want to get our website up since I got the domain name right away. Any ideas you can give me would be sooooooo appreciated!!!!!
    Oh, here's the logo that will be on everything already.

Attached Files:

2. gunsmoke

gunsmoke

:cowboyno:
    Let me get this right...you want to use that logo? Or create a new one with a different graphic? If it's a new one you're looking for, something you can do yourself with the skills you have, then you came to the right place. Just let me know which way you want to go, and we'll get you started!

3. ASHL

ASHL

I thought I could in some way use it... but change it up... even distort it... to look like a friendly girl cat.. instead of a mean cat. Does that make sense? Then use that as the start of making it a full cat/ or a person with a cat face in the character creator.

4. gcuneo2

gcuneo2

All avail in the logo creator....mascots.... cat4.JPG

ASHL likes this.
  5. gunsmoke

gunsmoke

Something like this ??

[​IMG]

ASHL likes this.
  6. ASHL

ASHL

Haaa. I love that. I want just the FACE to put on one of Marc's characters in character creator. Yours is adorable. It just needs to look more like the cat in the existing logo. Black and white with that bulb nose... and nice like yours. YOU are good. I need a couple of other things.. art-wise. I may need to hire you. :)
    Anyway, I thought I could start with just the face and change the logo's face and integrate it into the character. I even went so far as to think I could make an animated black and white paw print. But that's probably stretching it. I haven't gotten to download the character creator yet. Actually, not even animated. Just a paw print that has become a character. Arrgghh.

7. gunsmoke

gunsmoke

Or this . . .

[​IMG]

ASHL and gcuneo2 like this.
  8. gunsmoke

gunsmoke

Or this . . .

[​IMG]

ASHL likes this.
  9. ASHL

ASHL

Haaaaaaaaaaa, I love it. You are so creative.

10. ASHL

ASHL

I mentioned in the subject, "Character Creator." I was hoping I could take that cat face and create a character to go with his logo. But not having the download yet, didn't know if that's possible. And wondering what you guys think of that idea at all. Wanted the cat character to look related to the one in his logo.

11. gunsmoke

gunsmoke

I was completely confused on that! Wow! I think I've been out in the sun to long!! Okay, so, this is someone else's logo, and you want to create a 'companion' logo. Something I'm assuming using the same colors, but not the same graphics or text style. As Dream Master stated, you really don't want to even come close to a copyright violation!

So, okay, well, I wouldn't use the same face, or background. Maybe the same color scheme but yes, make a 'mascot' character using TLC and the 'Character Creator' pak. The 'cat face' I used is royalty free from a site I got from gcuneo2. I can pass it on to you if you'd like to use it. Or give me a day or two and I'll see what I can come up with. I work out of the back of my 18-wheeler and I have a really crummy internet signal today.

Yea, I'd stay away from the logos I posted earlier and create something unique to you. You said that logo belonged to the manufacturer of the scooters, but you sell the scooters through your own business huh? You don't currently have any logo at all? And what do you mean that he has the 'cat face' logo that you 'must use'? Why must you use it? I can see why you might 'want' to display it, but not that you 'must'. Is this logo going on 'your' web site, or his?

12. ASHL

ASHL

I guess I didn't give you enough info. We bought a franchise from him. He is very nice.. we have become friends with him. He isn't going to care what I do with anything, as long as we display his logo on our advertising. He doesn't care if we have the "mascot" that I create, and he won't care if it is the "sister" cat of the cat on HIS logo. I'm looking for a way to advertise and jazz it up some. He isn't computer savvy, and he trusts me. I am helping him redo his manuals, etc. I'll be showing him the "mascot" before I use it, but more out of respect. He won't care. Yes, we are selling his scooters, but we are direct dealers under him. The problem will probably be the opposite. He will want to use whatever I come up with and will probably be asking me if his other dealers can use it too. I am trying to one-up the other dealers though, and do something more creative. He's already told me he knows I wouldn't do anything to hurt his business, and I won't.
    So, you see, I wanted a cute character ... using Character Creator... that looks like a girl cat. They'll look great together, I can place the cat around my ads... like Marc shows them in his advertising. Like the girl cat (a cat person, standing with arms and legs), holding a sale sign, etc. I got the ideas from the way Marc was using is characters in the software ad.
    Please forgive me for not being more clear. This IS mostly the LOGO CREATOR site, so I can see why you thought I wanted a LOGO rather than a character.

13. ASHL

ASHL

I'd love to have a girl cat with the same type features as his... black and white.... bulb-like nose, but maybe with extra long lashes and red lips???? Ha. Even if I could draw that, can I do things like that with Character Creator, or is it that flexible? And do you guys think that kind of marketing will be cool? Or too cutesy? Just curious.

14. ASHL

ASHL

BTW, Gunsmoke... the scooters are the only things we sell. We are committed to this... all our eggs in one basket. Sink or swim. :} I'm doing a website, and I'll have his logo up there with our name and phone number.

I love what you did already... I wish I had stated it all better. Didn't know how much I should say about what we were doing... just to talk about the software. Thanks sooo much for helping me! I am not in a hurry... I have a week or so to try to do something definite. I'm a photographer, and I'm editing hundreds of photos for a band. I've had a few days where I haven't gone to sleep at all!!! No wonder I'm not expressing myself well.

I had the idea that we could add "Little" to his scooter name, and he loved it! His is C.A.T. Scooters. I used Little Cat Scooters. We got the domain name already; he loves it. We put that on our business cards by his logo. We also call ourselves the "Little Cat Team." He also likes that. I am just trying to add a character that will add some personality to the site. Do you have any other ideas for me????? This is what we have been doing on our business cards; a "mascot" would be cool on this card, even it if is on the back where we list the features of the scooters:

Attached Files:

15. gunsmoke

gunsmoke

Okay! Got'cha!! :gunsmoke:
    Let me think for a day and check some graphics and I'll see what pops into my head and get back to ya. Keep an eye on this post!

16. ASHL

ASHL

Don't worry... I got'cha back! Not going anywhere. I will try to get my Character Creator going tonight. I'd love to do something with that for the body, only because I think there are a TON of poses already made. If I could add the face that you make... and some claws or something, that would be cool. Have a great week~~~
    :jump mouse:You have no clue... I'm excited! :jump mouse:

17. gunsmoke

gunsmoke

Still tossing ideas around ...

[​IMG]

18. gunsmoke

gunsmoke

Wouldn't happen to have any scooter graphics/pictures would you? Either yours or royalty free?

19. ASHL

ASHL

20. gunsmoke

gunsmoke

Sure will! I'll have a look at it tomorrow. Thanks and we'll see what pops up!! :cowboyno: