Source for graphic objects?

Discussion in 'Resource & Recommendations' started by dmitch31, Mar 18, 2004.

1. dmitch31

dmitch31

I know that you can get art, photos, and clipart from hemera.com, and I know that as far as graphic objects go, you can always buy more sets here at laughingbird.com, but does anyone know of any other sources to find "graphic objects" to use in TLC? Or, any easy programs that could be used to create them?

Thanks,
    dmitch :banana <---- just had to add that...

2. jamirae

jamirae

isnt that banna guy the cutest? :banana

okay.. let me see if I understand what you are asking. you want to know about graphics that are specifically "graphic objects" that you add to TLC? is that what you are asking?

If so, then I believe that is proprietary to TLC and you have to get the logo packs for those. But clipart and just about any grphic file can be added into TLC and used pretty much the same as any of the TLC grphic objects.

does that help?

3. dmitch31

dmitch31

I'm asking about graphic type objects OTHER than those that are proprietary to TLC. I'm looking for items that would be categorized more like the TLC graphic objects - objects that you would use for graphic design, not clipart or pictures.

4. KD-did

KD-did

An interesting source of images is what is known as dingbats or picture fonts. Dingbats can be found on font sites such as http://www.fontfreak.com/index2.htm .
    There is an incredible assortment of images that are freeware.

Just about anything you can do to text in general you can do to a dingbat. Be sure to read any licensing things that may come with the download.

5. jamirae

jamirae

hmm.. well perhaps some vector images would be good for you too. I use Hemera "Big Box of Art" which is basically most of the stuff they have online and I've had good luck with that.

Other things that may help are "picture tubes" for Paint Shop Pro. Of course, you need Paint Shop Pro (www.jasc.com ) in order to use them, but I've been able to create additional orbs and other objects using those. And there are tons of tubes (free and pay) available on the 'net. I just started with Photoshop so I'm not what the equivalent would be there, but perhaps someone else here can point that out.

6. dmitch31

dmitch31

cool...

Cool. I have Paint Shop Pro, but I had never heard of these Picture Tube things. I'll have to check them out... I'll go do a search on the web, but is there any particular website or merchant that you know of that is good for that?

dmitch

7. KD-did

KD-did

8. jamirae

jamirae

I usually start at the usergroup website here: http://www.pspug.org/

there are tutorials and tons of links on there!

9. K1w1

K1w1

10. lordzenn

lordzenn

OBjects for TLC

Well Hello there soon I will be offering some objects for use with TLC but they might cost. We are just working tha out now. But soon on our webspsce the service will go live.

11. lordzenn

lordzenn

Sample Objects for TLC

I have just posted some sample objects to my website. They are free for evaluation purposes. Let me know what you think. Follow the link below to get the files.

Logo Objects

12. Billkutivan

Billkutivan

I spent hours looking for just the same thing (I believe we are on the same thought). I look for Ding Bats to suit my needs and they are editable with TLC as a text character. Until a simple solution was presented. The TLC has a system font provided with the program called SHAPES. Check it out. It will be extremely helpful for your graphics design issues.

13. jamirae

jamirae

yes.. good point about the shpaes font! I use that a lot!! here's a tutorial that I refer to regularly when using the shapes font:
    shapes font tutorial