Something I did in Powerpoint....

Discussion in 'FUN and Sharing Forum for Non-Creator stuff' started by gcuneo2, Jul 23, 2014.

1. gcuneo2

gcuneo2

Powerpoint has some nice effects built into it for editing images. I applied a bevel to the original image and then a "pencil" filter. All done with a few mouse clicks..... the first image is the unedited version, the second image is what I did in powerpoint.....

cee_2.png

This is the after image, edited only in powerpoint! cc.png

2. gcuneo2

gcuneo2

cccc.PNG Now here is something i did with photoshop elements, by removing 99% of the colors, then in The logo creator I added the shadow--- I think it looks pret

ASHL and gunsmoke like this.
  3. gunsmoke

gunsmoke

Pretty cool. I'm never going to get involved with Photoshop, but, it's still pretty cool!

4. gcuneo2

gcuneo2

I probably only use about 10% of the stuff in photoshop, the rest I don't even come close to understanding.....

ASHL likes this.
  5. ASHL

ASHL

Oh, I sooooooooo love the outline! Awesome!

6. ASHL

ASHL

Me, tooo! I have used Elements for years. now that my husband has retired from teaching, I am looking for a replacement, only because he will no longer be eligible for the Educational Edition. :( I have a trial going of PaintShop Pro, but it already has me stumped. I'm so ADHD, I don't have time to read a lot of detailed instructions. Sometimes I can't even get the SELECTION Tools to select anything. Now THAT is pretty bad! I run back over to Elements. So, will it be hard to do the outline? Just open the character in Elements and remove color???

7. gcuneo2

gcuneo2

I used the "magic eraser" tool.... just a few mouse clicks....

GIMP is about the best free editor out there, does 99.99% of photoshop stuff....

http://www.techradar.com/downloads/gimp

8. gunsmoke

gunsmoke

I use GIMP all the time. It's a great little tool for removing the 'white' background from most jpg graphics and turning them into transparent png. But as gcuneo2 says, it does a lot more! Can't beat the price either!! Free!!!

9. gcuneo2

gcuneo2

I think the days of having discs laying around in boxes will be gone in a few years. I've got a 3 MB DSL connection, If I download a big game, say 4 GB, were talking about a 14-15 hour download!

Now imagine if all the Laughingbird products were online: NO more installation errors, always updated, I'd pay $39 a year for that....

10. gunsmoke

gunsmoke

Hmmm, I'm NOT a big fan of monthly/yearly subscriptions. I live in the woods and keep it simple. I don't need EVERY update that comes along. I buy a program and it may be several years before I upgrade, depending on what it is and what I need to do! Having subscriptions just means I have to dig up more mason jars!!

ASHL likes this.