1. New Software Notice alert!

The new Web Graphics Creator (version 4.0) will be out soon.

For now, version 3.0 is still active and works great on most Windows machines. It no longer runs on Macs using Lion or greater... (but the new version will fix this)

So hang in there! It's almost done!

Some welcome :-(

Discussion in 'Web Graphics Creator' started by turtle, Apr 10, 2007.

1. turtle

turtle

Just ordered the software. Found out there is no manual. Yet. And now I'm trying to access the tutorials and the page isn't loading. Even the home page isn't loading. And for me, at least, the software isn't intuitive enough for me just to jump in and create an eBook cover.
    I certainly hope things improve from here...

2. Randy...

Randy... Guest

3. turtle

turtle

Got it to load in Firefox. IE 7 had no problems earlier today, but right now it's just spinning.
    I just went through the tutorial for creating eBook covers--the reason I bought the sw to begin with. It seems like the software is so much more powerful than these tidbits we get in the tutorials.

4. Randy...

Randy... Guest

As users get comfortable with working with the Laughingbird software, they learn all kinds of tricks and then things really become alive and take on a life of their own. You really can't beat the product for the price.

5. turtle

turtle

I'm sure that's true. I experienced the same with with XSitePro, to build web pages. In addition to a helpful forum like this one, they have a written tutorial you can work through in front of your computer to learn the basics and a complete users manual with an index you can use as a reference as you learn more and more about the software.

In the case of WGC, I'm stuck right out of the chute, even following the steps in the tutorial because there are so many options and I don't have a clue as to what they all mean. I don't mind investing time to learn new software, but this is painful. The sw also seems to hose up my computer from time to time.

I'm at the point where I've asked for a refund until there's a manual available.

Thanks for trying to help.

6. Mr Laughingbird

Mr Laughingbird Staff Member

I have you taken care of Dean.
    Thanks for the PM.

I'm working on a manual - and some video tutorials.

- Marc