Some pre-sale questions

Discussion in 'The Flash Ad Creator' started by xprt007, Feb 10, 2009.

1. xprt007

xprt007

Hi

I am actually new and signed up a bit earlier than intended, because of some pre-ordering questions sent to laughingbirdCS@digitalriver.com via a web form taking longer to be responded to than anticipated.
    The questions are regarding Flash ad maker & the Corporate Logo creator.

This is what I wrote:

Thanks in advance.

Update:

As soon as I submitted the above bit, I got the response below from Digitalriver:

So I guess the forum is the right place to ask ...

2. KD-did

KD-did

If you place an order not using Paypal you will be able to get a fresh download at anytime by simply looking up your order, if you use Paypal send laughingbird a private message through the forum with your purchase information and he will make a link available for a re-download of your software purchase. Rather than have a time limit for expiration LBS has a number of times that it can be downloaded before expiration.

Updates are usually free.. any that are not have additional template content.

3. xprt007

xprt007

Hi
    Thanks for the quick response.
    I will assume that implies I can get the purchase/download details from my acquaintance in Canada, who as I said is paying for the software and I download it here in Germany.

How about the question about the Flash Ad Creator & Corporate Logo creator, based on that quoted statement?
    Is the in-built Logo creator in the Flash ad creator any match for the Corp. Logo creator or the latter can do much more regarding logo creation, as I would suppose?

Do they have the same Logo templates, etc?

4. KD-did

KD-did

Flash Ad Creator is a 2 part installation. One part for the Ad Creator and one part for TLC. The basic TLC program works the same BUT each edition has its own unique set of logo templates and some "elements" that are common to all editions. FAC's Corporate is different from the TLC Corporate edition.

FAC has images that can be used in TLC by accessing the Ad element folder in the Logo Elements folder in the PROGRAM FILES.

There should be no issue with a download, there are Laughingbird Software customers from around the world.

5. xprt007

xprt007

OK, thanks for that clarification.
    One more question, though.
    Can one install those programs on a USB stick or they are not "portable" apps?
    I work on different PCs ... where I cannot install private software.

Regards

6. KD-did

KD-did

7. xprt007

xprt007

Thanks for your suggestion.
    I downloaded the trial version & I am trying it out.

I have a question or 2: I have looked for an option allowing saving the logo with a transparent background, but only see colored background options. Am I missing something somewhere?

In case I want to use the logo for other purposes that require much bigger images of width/length of 2000 - up to 3000px and resolutions => 200, is it possible? I was thinking of using some images on t-shirts, but the require big high resolution images.

Regards

8. KD-did

KD-did

In TLC you export not save your work. Saving makes an editable .tlc file Just choose transparant gif or png under more export options. You change resolution easily GO to EXPORT tab, once clicked you will see where to change the resolution. Once you have exported your high resolution file for teeshirt it is best to have the file converted to vector.

9. xprt007

xprt007

Thanks as ever for your quick responses.

Yes, I meant exporting and was really doing that. :)

Good day!

10. KD-did

KD-did

You are welcome.... glad you were exportin.... but are you having any fun yet?

11. perfectjewel

perfectjewel

What are today's best options for creating vector files from tlc?

12. KD-did

KD-did

Some find it easiest to put together their design together with TLC ...then after that hide all but 1 element at at time, then export each element separately as .png and/or PDF and then reassembling the logo work and saving in a vector format in your favorite 3 party graphic program.

13. xprt007

xprt007

Hi again,

In connection to the above question, my friend went ahead & ordered & paid for a copy of the Ad Creator.
    To my dismay, though, she oversaw my instructions not to order the pre-selected Mac Version but the Windows version.

So I have the apparently useless Mac version download link.
    Is there a simple solution to this, the link being changed if I provide the order details? I need the Windows version.

I would really be grateful to get this solved.

Regards

14. KD-did

KD-did

Send laughingbird a PM providing purchase order information including the email address the order was placed under explaining that the wrong platform was ordered and he will take care of it.

15. xprt007

xprt007

Hi

Actually after writing this & remembering that in the welcome message on signing up here, there was the offer to help in case of problems ... I went there & simply pasted the whole order/purchase confirmation email which includes the order number, email & other details contained it.
    I did what you suggest - which was explain the oversight when ordering.

The forum welcome private messages are i suppose are sent by "laughingbird" & that's the person I "replied" to.

Thanks for giving me hope :image28:

16. KD-did

KD-did

I am not exactly sure how the welcome message PM is setup to be delivered and possibly could slow the process down by not popping up when laughingbird himself enters the forum. There is a distinct possibility that PMs generated from the welcome message is actually setup for forum problems and not for LBS product or order issues.

17. xprt007

xprt007

Well, in that case, let me go & send a "virgin" copy of the message. :)

Thanks

18. xprt007

xprt007

No response yet.
    I hope it is not a bad omen ...

19. KD-did

KD-did

No it isn't a bad owen I am waiting on communications from him myself... Marc is deep in his programming cave so his visits into the forum are sporadic right now.

20. xprt007

xprt007

Alright, but ... if things get too hot (whatever us behind the anxiety), I might come back to you so we hatch a plan for ferreting him out of that "cave" :Bob:

Seriously, I urgently need that software & have to put off launching a site & some accompanying ads, etc, until I get it.