Some advice on logos?

Discussion in 'Help wanted with my design' started by russh, Mar 21, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. russh

russh

This is my first attempt at a logo - you can probably see that! It's for the professional video / camera services site www.camera-obscuraonline.co.uk.

However, there's not much to the logo. In an attempt to keep it within my abilities, I've kept it simple - but the concept originally was to have the initial letter more as an optical spherical object (something that'd look like it's focussing the light), if that makes sense? something along the lines of this;
    http://www.refreshdallas.org/common/images/Logo.jpg

Not sure if that'd need a vector-drawing package (and skill too, of course!)

Any clues or advice would be very much appreciated...

Russ.

2. Lamo1graphic

Lamo1graphic

heres a little idea
    [​IMG]

3. Chris

Chris Staff Member

what about using this in the logo somewhere? This is something I made awhile back using nothing but TLC.

4. HiJacKingQueen

HiJacKingQueen

Is this off-focus? lol

i didnt quite understand what you meant with that focusing on the light but anyway, here's a sample design.

Smile!!!

Attached Files:

5. Juncal

Juncal

Hi Russh,
    I took a photography workshop a few years ago and reading your post and checking the image you showed us you are talking about what in spanish we call "obturador" Not sure the name in english. That part it's in charge to let the reflected light pass inside the camera and touch the film (in less than 1") capturing the image in from of the camera.

When you are working in a logo and the logo needs specific graphics you may choose clipart files, or draw it by yourself, then take it to TLC and put all the pieces together.

I created a logo for you using your website header colors, also attaching an image of what I was talking about.

R2

Attached Files:

6. KD-did

KD-did

here's my rendition of an idea

7. russh

russh

wow, these are all fantastic ideas - like allot of you say, I guess I should keep my eyes open and find some clipart to work with. Certainly you've given me some great inspiration - I'll post back when I've done some more work myself...THAT's the hard part!

8. Borpean

Borpean Staff Member

Practice Practice Practice... that's how everyone produces quick logos on here :)

These are cool ideas

9. cybrnetico

cybrnetico Staff Member

Here is another thought....all in TLC

10. perfectjewel

perfectjewel

Another possibilitiy

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.