software programs

Discussion in 'Resource & Recommendations' started by blackknight, Apr 18, 2005.

1. blackknight

blackknight

I have Corel Draw #8 and Photoshop #7 I have them installed but do not know how to use either yet. Which one is easier to learn and would be the most benificial to enhance what I do in TLC. Does anyone out there use these programs along with TLC? I am trying to increase my graphic knowledge and feel it can only help with my designs. One thing... There is some big difference with these other programs, TLC is so user friendly. Any advice would be great. Thank you
    Blackknight

2. Shelly

Shelly

I used to use Corel before, the only advice is to find some Tutorials on the Net & experiment as much as you can with the Program. Set your self a Target and see if you can obtain that effect or whatever.

Welcome to the Graphics World, its good clean fun just remember if you didnt create it yourself its not yours.

shelly

3. Mr Laughingbird

Mr Laughingbird Staff Member

Hi BlackKnight.

My personal favorite is Photoshop.
    You can't beat it.

However, I've seen some amazing "photoshop like tricks" coming from Shelly using The Logo Creator. Check out some of her tutorials here in the forum (Shelly, I am totally impressed!)

Using The Logo Creator with Photoshop is great!
    Export a logo as a "PNG with Transparency" and bring this into Photoshop. This will give you a clean logo with NO background.

Then, add your own text , background color and Photoshop enhancements.

Of course, you can do the same with Corel.

Keep an eye out for v4.0 of The Logo Creator!
    I'll have a few "special effect" buttons that will alter the text to make some cool effects. Most of which are currently on my Tutorials page
    http://www.thelogocreator.com/Tutorials/Text_effects/index.html
    (in the new TLC v4, one button push will create each of these effects!)

v4.0 will be a free upgrade.

- Marc

4. Ultimate

Ultimate

I like photoshop and imageready that comes with the photoshop software. You will be amazed with what you can create for the web and so much more using photoshop along with the logo creator.

Corel is a program that I really haven't fooled around with much myself we have Corel 10 here I think that the newest version is 12. We only have one graphic designer that uses corel. But he is a photoshop person as well. He uses corel for other aspects of design.

If you have photoshop 7.0 installed already get a book or play around with it, You will be surprised in what you learn.

5. MODCreations

MODCreations

I personally use Paintshop Pro 7, And MSPAINT. I wish MSPAINT used vector i would be in hog heaven and of course TLC. =P

I do have CorelDraw Graphic Suite 12, Adobe Illistrator CS 11, and Photoshop 6. That i used in the past. :pc user:

6. MasterDesign

MasterDesign

Dude do yourself a favor, leave corel and photoshop untouched untill you've tried Ulead Photoimpact (demo version 10 at http://ulead.com/pi/trial.htm)
    It does everything psp does only without the need for a doctoral degree in software use... A lot easier to use and quicker to load and lots of free goodies and i could go on and on. I've tried most foto/grafix software packages out there (incl.psp from v4.0 tillv.7.0) and ulead is the best in my opinion.
    (any questions about photoimpact or any other ulead prod.mail me!)
    later :Danc:

7. tjsbest

tjsbest

I like illustrator for drawing its a cleaner look then in psp.

Regards
    tj

8. Worlock

Worlock Guest

I use CorelDraw Graphics Suite X3 , Jasc PSP 10 w/animation shop 3, and Adobe Photoshop CS2 ..And some others that Im still learning after 2 yrs. of messing with them...I use Jasc 99% of the time because I know it best and you DONT have to be a genius to figure it out. Believe me, Im not one to read, re-read and doodle to get it figured out. It just really depends on what I need at the moment to get the job done.

9. dscratch

dscratch

I use Ulead PhotoImpact. It does the trick for almost anything I, or you may need. Also, compare the price tags.

10. Lamo1graphic

Lamo1graphic

i use cs3 and corelx3,serif real draw , it all depends what you want to do , i find i can get some great effects from these programs

find your self some good tut sites for photo shop

good luck GREG

11. Lamo1graphic

Lamo1graphic

12. Posty

Does anyone know where i can get a cheap version of photoshop? I here so much about it and would LOVE to find a copy cheap. I dont have a great paying job and need to get the ok from the boss (my wife).

13. Zipper

Zipper

14. Posty

Thanks Zipper.
    The first one wants to much unneeded information and does'nt get to the download link. Im not quite sure about the second one either.

The reason im asking about photoshop is cause i have a collection of graphics and photos that were created in photoshop and i need a copy to change things in my collection. I also like the box covers and filters in photoshop, i here its about the best program of its kind ( next to The Logo Creator).

15. KD-did

KD-did

A REALLY good substitute for the big buck PhotoShop is Adobe's Photoshop Elements in which you can use all the the filters and whatnots too.I have there is very little you can't do with it. It is around $120. as opposed to $649.00

http://www.adobe.com/products/photoshopelwin/.