Software dowload refused

Discussion in 'Questions or troubles updating' started by dread, Jun 5, 2013.

1. dread

dread

I am struggling with the Laughingbird software at the moment. I have purchased the software twice in the past and the first time I purchased it on my wife's laptop which when it died I requested another download to reinstall on the new laptop. This requested was denied and I had to purchase another copy. Recently I have purchased another laptop and requested another download to install it onto my new laptop but again Marc Sylvester has refused to send me a copy even though I have produced the invoice and email confirmation with the product key.

2. dread

dread

Can anyone advise on what I should do next?

3. gcuneo2

gcuneo2

begin here: https://www.cleverbridge.com/519/?scope=ccinfo

Don't worry, it's a company based in germany, but they handle all the payment info for laughingbird software.

Questions:

1. What operating system?
    2. When was your first purchase made?
    3. When was the second purchase made?
    4. Exactly what software are you talking about?

THINGS TO KEEP IN MIND!

Laughingbird software is a small company. Myself for example: I am a volunteer and provide help just for the fun of it, other admins and moderators also work for free, really.

There is like an 7 hour time difference between The west coast of the U.S. and England-- My day as a special education teacher is about to begin, your day is coming to an end, sometimes answers may take a day or two.

Only Marc, the owner of Laughingbird software can give you direct links to redownload software. A good place to begin is here: https://www.cleverbridge.com/519/?scope=ccinfo

4. dread

dread

Done this and Cleverbridge says to get in contact with the supplier directly as they cannot find my purchase even though I've got the actual invoice.

Please help

5. gcuneo2

gcuneo2

How long ago was the original purchase?

6. dread

dread

Tue 04/10/2011 21:37

7. gcuneo2

gcuneo2

There is your problem. Cleaverbridge allows redownloading for only 30 days. Pretty much now a days companies require you to pay for "extended download" periods--- I think win zip is an example-- you pay something like and additional $9.99 and you get a year of free downloads of your purchase...

As it now stands there is not a way through Laughingbird, to pay for extended downloads--- that vast majority of companies only offer a one year "download period"--- Which is why I always recommend backing up your purchases before installing them.

Marc, the owner of Laughingbird software has the power (Like HE-MAN) to send you links for re downloading stuff...

http://www.laughingbirdsoftware.com/contact-info/

NICE TO KNOW INFO (But you don't have to read it unless you have a minute or two....)

• All the admins and moderators live all over the country. I physically live a couple thousand miles from the owner of Laughingbird Software.

It's not a huge company. For the most part you get an answer within 24 hours. I wrote a rather large company (back in 1992 or 1993) based in Redmond (wink wink) about a missing floppy disc from some software I bought for $60--- I'm still waiting for an answer.....

Support is free.

All the admins and moderators have other jobs, we answer stuff here for the fun of it, all on a volunteer basis.