Size Matters

Discussion in 'The Logo Creator' started by videovern, Jul 16, 2008.

1. videovern

videovern

Going to Press, Need help.

I am setting up a new logo for the TV station but Logo creator makes it about 1 inch in size on the export.

I increased the size of the export to 8000 x 6000. when I zoom in it is pixalated. how do I create a large logo to start with. I have been all over the program 4.1 Logo creator.

What do I do?

Vernon Van Winkle
    KPVM Televison, Inc.

2. KD-did

KD-did

Vernon, welcome to the forums, Yes, size does matter and there is a limit on how far things can be pushed before things begin to pixilate and it doesn't happen evenly, both fonts and images have their limits. Work with a canvas size that you are comfortable with that and that both your text and images stay crisp. You can export as a PDF at high resolution but I don't know if that would still meet you needs. It is probably best for you to have the exported file converted to a vector format. Having it vectored you will never have sizing issues, you will always have the same quality image no matter if it is small for letterhead or for a billboard with true color.

3. derfall

derfall

resizing images and logos

I purchased software from www.imagener.com that allows photos and (I imagine) Laughing Bird logos to be enlarged to very large sizes without degrading the image. I purchased the high end version, but a cheap or free version (if they offer it) will work. I'll have to try it with a logo.

Only somewhat related...take a look at the gallery on
    www.portraitprofessional.com . Great if you want to include an enhanced photo of yourself in a logo. There should still be a free version.

ART

4. derfall

derfall

Examples of resized logos enhanced

I may have to do this in two or three posts, because of the 100kb picture limitations. I created this logo on a 746x746 canvas and saved it at 300 dpi jpg. That is a 2.487" x 2.487" graphic. By the way, saving at 1200 dpi creates a .622" x .622" graphic, for those, like me, unclear of the concept.

Using Imagener software, I enlarged it 800% which would give me a 19.893" x 19.893" logo suitable for a sign or magnetic car sign (probably too big). The large letters don't pixelate but the text does. The 2nd, 3rd and 4th image show a segment (first two letters of the text) cut by using Snagit 9, a great program.

I corrected it at the best setting "Ultimate" (next image) and then sharpened it in Imagener. The full image would look fine at almost 20" x 20". My computer is old, so I can't really offer this as a service. It needs a lot of memory for a 20"x20" bump.

The logo: It's for www.HHO-Cars-Trucks.com, my site. The bubbles represent hydrogen and oxygen. Take a look.

Another logo has two more lines - "20%+ Mileage Increase"
    then "Guaranteed", for the car and truck sign. There's space under the swoosh for it.

BE SURE TO CLICK TO ENLARGE - I'll use Imagener even at this size to sharpen the letters and the swoosh. It will produce a better image for a business card, too.

See www.imagener.com . I purchased the $99 Ultimate program. Well worth it. Bought the Yotta Print program from the same company. See www.kneson.com.

Art Derfall

Attached Files:

5. derfall

derfall

Logo enlarged enhanced continued

This is a section of the logo at 800%. Pixels show.
    The next image is the image enhanced using Imagener.
    The next image is that image sharpened in Imagener.
    There are three settings for shapening. I can eliminate the
    "noise" on the "a" by further adjustments. Photoshop is an option.

So...what do you think?

BE SURE TO CLICK TO ENLARGE EACH IMAGE.

Art Derfall

Attached Files: