Size an image

Discussion in 'Wish list for future releases' started by Tim Larson, Sep 7, 2005.

1. Tim Larson

Tim Larson

I would like the ability to size an image horizontaly or vertically. Currently I see that I can only size it proportionaly.

Tim

2. MasterDesign

MasterDesign

A favourite and longtime unanswered wish of many TLC fans!!, how about it marc? Maybe perfecting the little guy that started it all, before you come up with something new?! (and extremely cool). After all it's time for the little guy to grow up now that it has some younger brothers and shed the limitations that come with being the first born.
    (the competition is..)
    :number:
    MD

3. inhighghear

inhighghear

I agree with this one...Marc

The best use for this feature is for designing web page graphics with TLC.

I've proud to say that I successfully created a complete web template using TLC! I actually sized the elements in another application and imported them into the program...

Being able to have more control over the elements would just be icing on the cake.

inhighgear

4. richvisions

richvisions

I would like to see something other than the hand grabbing the ball when it comes to resizing (and I definitely agree with resizing in more directions). I find the ball difficult to work with. It jumps around. For example, if I move the ball to 34 on the meter, when I let go, it jumps to 50. I just find it hard to control. Could just be me, though.
    Sue

5. Flotsom

Flotsom

If you click on the number itself, you can then enter the exact number you want and then click "enter" ... voila! :)

6. richvisions

richvisions

[​IMG]

Great! Thanks, Layne.
    Sue

7. Flotsom

Flotsom

Btw, you can use that same technique on any of the controls in TLC ... whether you are adjusting size, opacity, image angle, blur, shadow, etc.! :}

8. richvisions

richvisions

[​IMG]

Thanks again, Layne. Unfortunately, I tried it, and it didn't work. I would put in the number I wanted, but it would jump right back to the previous number. Grrrr. I think I'm mechanically challenged.

Sue

9. Flotsom

Flotsom

Hi Sue!

I checked my Windows version of TLC v4, and it is working for me in the same manner as the Mac version. On the chance that my directions were not clear (not an unusual circumstance :) ), when I single left click on the numbers they become "highlighted". I then 'enter' the new numbers from my numbers keypad. As soon as I enter the first number, it turns white again, but I continue to enter the full number I desire (assuming it is 2 or more digits), and then press the enter key, and the results are pretty much instantaneous.

Try this:
    click on the FILE menu, and selecting New Logo (or use ctrl+N) ... a blank canvas appears.

Now from the MODIFY menu, select Insert New Image Element ( or use ctrl+I) ...blue orb should appear on your canvas.

Now from the Object Menu on the left click/choose Attributes, and there single left click the number 1.000 to the left of the Scale control's "sliding ball" ... the numbers turn black (what I was calling highlighted).

Press the number 2 on your keyboard, and the number 2 should appear in white.

Press enter, and image should double in size, and the number 2 you entered should change to 2.000.​

If this isn't what happens, post back with a description of what does, and I'll try to duplicate your results and discover what is happening.

-Layne

10. richvisions

richvisions

I'm using Windows 98. Okay, I'll give it another try, then get back to you.

Thank you very much,
    Sue

11. richvisions

richvisions

Layne, it still didn't work. When I hightlight the area and change the number, that works fine. But when I click done, it doesn't change the size, and it goes right back to the previous number. I must be doing something wrong somewhere.

Sue

12. Flotsom

Flotsom

After entering the number as you have been doing, you must next hit the "enter/return" key on your keyboard to make it take affect. If you hit the "done" button in the control panel, TLC thinks you mean you are done working in there and will ignore your changed numbers returning to what was last there.

If I misunderstood you, and you are hitting the enter key on your keyboard, then there is a problem.

:}

13. richvisions

richvisions

Thanks, Layne, I'll try it again.

I'm also having problems saving projects into 'my logos'. When I 'save as' a project, it saves on my hard drive (and duplicates about 4-5 times), but when I pull up 'my logos' from TLC, I get a gray screen and nothing else.

I know it must be me doing something wrong, but is sure is frustrating.
    Sue

14. richvisions

richvisions

[​IMG]

Layne, I tried what you said with the enter/return, and it worked on both the resize and the 'my logos' functions. Life is good. Next I'm going to try to learn the transparent thing, but not just yet. I'm getting knowledge overload. Gotta let the other stuff absorb before I move on.

Thank you so much for your help,
    Sue