SiteBuilder Instructions

Discussion in 'The Flash Ad Creator' started by rcapplegate, May 25, 2007.

1. rcapplegate

rcapplegate

I just can't find a thread that answers the simple question; how to get FAC finished product on my yahoo hosted web site using SiteBuilder. Am I the only person that uses this program????? HEEEEELLLLLLPPPP!!!!:image06-1:

2. Worlock

Worlock Guest

If your using a external program to build your site...Then the problem may lie on their end...Ive read thru every post in this area...Most people FTP their folders up to their sites...Are you making sure all folders and files are in their perspective place on your "Site Builder" loader?

And sometimes on the files , You have to change the properties called CHMOD so they will show .... Some automatically change it to 665 and you have to change it to 777 .... I would talk to Yahoo Support and see what they can tell you...Since your using their server.The Problem doesnt lie in the program..Its getting it on the server as it seems to me. Just a suggestion! but I would contact yahoo sitebuilder support for solving this problem.

3. rcapplegate

rcapplegate

"With The Flash Ad Creator by Laughingbird Software - making animated Ads is easy!

AND, you don't need to know anything about Flash! (you should, however, know a little about web page creation and HTML so that you can place the Flash animation into your web pages.)"
    I do know a little, but I will contact

1/24/2006 " As I type this - we are in the process of finishing up a "Stand alone .swf output" feature. This will allow you to simply take your .swf (Flash file) and not have to worry about the Assets folder."

I don't wish to appear rude, I just wanted to know if there is tech support to address sitebuilder questions that have been asked for over a year!
    Any help would be appreciated, I will contact yahoo and ask them if they can assist me with utilizing your program.:image24:

4. Randy...

Randy... Guest

We can only make recommendations on what you can do. You really need to find out if sitebuilder will support FAC and if it does, you need to make to find out the steps to load it thru them and make it work.

As of this time, we can only help you out, but we aren't techs when it comes to making it work in every website building tool. There are some things that you will have to know on your end to make it happen.

5. rcapplegate

rcapplegate

Back to my orginal question, does any of the over 8000 members in the laughing bird forum succesfully utilize FAC with yahoo sitebuilder, or am I the only person using the program (sitebuilder) if so, could you please post to this thread on how to do it.

6. Worlock

Worlock Guest

rcapplegate...leaving your troubles with members may take alot longer to get answered that it would for you to purpose your question(s) to ©Yahoo in order for this situation to be solved. Like I stated before, The problem isnt the software from Laughingbird...Your problem is getting up on the server...Question! Site Builder uses pre-customed Templates...are you just using the templates or using them to host your site as well?

For instance, On my Host...I have 2 levels in my domain...I have the Root and then I have sub-root

If I put files in the root section...nothing will work..So I have to go into the folder in the sub-root section ( example : public_html ) and put all my files and folders for pictures, website pages...in order for it to be seen by the public...On some items I have to change the CHMOD in the "Properties" area or nothing will work...and by the way it sounds to me, these are items that may need to be addressed for your host..and they can tell you..

7. mel2000

mel2000

Just yesterday I created a web page on Yahoo/Geocities *without* using their Sitebuilder program and was done in less than a half-hour, including editing my homepage (to get rid of the javascript junk at the top of the page, among other things) and pasting my FAC swf object tag code into it.

The transfer of resources to the host site was all transparent to me since user folders such as public_html etc., are hidden from view, and Yahoo automatically places the index.html in the appropriate location in the user's file and folder heirarchy.

I simply edited and, using their File Manager feature, uploaded my index.html page to overwrite the default one. Next, I uploaded my FAC swf file into that same directory. Next, I created a fonts subdirectory, then switched to that directory and uploaded the FAC font swf into it. Finally, I went back to the directory containing the index.html and created the assets subdirectory and uploaded the FAC images and txt file into that. Everything went smoothly.

Is Sitebuilder really the problem? AFAIK, Sitebuilder only allows one to edit their web pages. It is the File Manager feature that's responsible for uploading files to the appropriate location on the Yahoo/Geocities host heirarchy. FAC really has nothing to do with configuring the website.

8. Randy...

Randy... Guest

Thank you Mel for helping out in this situation. Hopefully, RC, will now have the tools to take the correct steps to make his page work.

9. Worlock

Worlock Guest

well that proves that the program FAC wasnt the problem, thats why I suggested that he/she contact yahoo for support....Thanks from me too mel2000...Have a great evening :D