Simple Logos

Discussion in 'Hints and Tips' started by D RAT2, Mar 21, 2006.

1. D RAT2

D RAT2

I am a strong believer in the simple logo. They are clean, easy to remember, and cost effective for the client. Below is a example of a simple logo that I sold for a lot of $$ to recent client, more than I have ever made off of a tricked out design. As you can see it is clean and very easy for the customer to duplicate. Although there doesn't seem to be a lot to it, the client felt it conveyed his company's message and that it is very easy to recognize. Complex designs can be nice if done correctly, but when in doubt start out with some simple. It might earn you some Green.

2. blackknight

blackknight

Nice Troy and you are right. The fancy stuff is fun but probably not the bread and butter for most.

3. Mr Laughingbird

Mr Laughingbird Staff Member

No, I disagree DR!

Look at these logos I created many years ago (see both attached).
    These logos are very fancy and very colorful! No simple designs are these!

Okay - just kidding of course.

These two logos are about as simple as you can get!
    But both are incredibly well known.

Keep this in mind everybody. It all depends on the client's taste of course, but don't over do your designs.

(and congratulations Troy for making the big bucks!)

- Marc

Attached Files:

4. blackknight

blackknight

I would also like to add: don't be afraid to go after the big bucks. Others do it... why can't we. Obviously, if we go on the web and compete with all the other people on price then we cheapen our reputation. Microsoft and dell wouldn't have started their search on the cheap sites. It's like anything; some will, some won't.. so what (purchase of course) You can do alot of logos for a little or do a few logos for alot; it would be nice to have the second option because it would still be nice to take vacations (like Marc) LOL

5. wacki56

wacki56 Super Mod

here's one I did the other day for a fellow in England. I made him a few to switch out as he see's fit. I accepted his offer of 20.00 (us), and he sent 30.00 (us). As my pricing policy states................."send me what you feel your LOGO is worth". The money I recieve, as you know, goes into a saving's account for our Son Billy, whos is a cancer patient times 2. We hope that one day he'll be able to spend the money on what ever he like's *wink*.

Be Well, my LOGO maker's!

Bill

6. PlugYourEars

PlugYourEars

did this for universitybutler.com

Attached Files:

7. D RAT2

D RAT2

Thanks LB,
    The logo above is a recreation, the text of the final logo was tweaked to scale, and then of course vetorized. Simple is not always the what the customer wants, but it is a nice place to start.
    Thanks again guys.