Shock Wave Files

Discussion in 'The Flash Ad Creator' started by JPeterson, May 16, 2007.

1. JPeterson

JPeterson

Does anyone know if this product will compile FLA files into SWF files? The only software I know that does that is Macromedia Flash but that program costs almost $700.00. There must be something that will do this. Thanks,
    Jerry Peterson

2. Randy...

Randy... Guest

Are you asking if FAC will compile flash files into swf files?

3. JPeterson

JPeterson

Hi again Digger,
    I am asking if this program or any other program other than Macromedia Flash will compile or convert a .fla file to a .swf file. The .fla file is of no real use until it is compilied into a usable format like .swf. Once again I hope you know something I dont that would help me out. Perhaps I am just confused. Thank again. Jerry Peterson

4. Randy...

Randy... Guest

I guess I would disagree with you that the .fla file is of no use. Many designers use this everyday. But, using the handy, dandy search engines, I've found several .fla to .swf file converters. (Some even free!!)

5. JPeterson

JPeterson

Hi Digger. Please explain to me what use a .fla file has by itself. Pleae also show me where to find any program that will compile a .fla to a real .swf file. Thank you. Jerry

6. Randy...

Randy... Guest

There are entire sites built around flash. It's used everywhere on the internet. I'm lost why you think there is no use for flash.

And, use yahoo/google to find what you need. I won't post links because I personally don't use any of them and would not want to appear like I'm recommending any of them. You may need to do your own homework on what software will work best for your needs.

7. Mr Laughingbird

Mr Laughingbird Staff Member

Thanks Randy.
    Excellent suggestions.

JP, use Google and search for "FLA to SWF Software"

There are many easy to use (and not so easy to use) programs out there that will export a .swf image for you. I can't think of any other application (other than Flash) that will actually turn a FLA file into a .swf

The Flash Ad Creator allows you to modify an already created .swf file.

8. JPeterson

JPeterson

Digger, I know what Flash is. Let me try to explain in more detail. Lets say you have two files on your computer. One is FancyHeader.fla and one is FancyHeader.swf. If you click on the .fla file nothing will really happen other that the Flash Player box opens up. If you click on the .swf file it actually begins to play and you can see and hear it (if it has sound). I have done several searches and I can only find programs that convert .swf to .fla NOT the other way around. If you don't have a flash file in the .swf format you cant really do anything with it that I am aware of. Please explainif I am missing something as this is driving me crazy and I just can't afford to purchase Macromedia Flash at this point. Thank you.

9. Randy...

Randy... Guest

When I click on a flash file, it brings up the player and plays the file.