Shapes Not GRADIENT "Colorizing"

Discussion in 'The Creator V 7 Bug Reports' started by GainFinancialFreedomorg, Dec 3, 2013.

1. GainFinancialFreedomorg

GainFinancialFreedomorg

I'm running TLC version 6.6 and did the fix (get rid of the shapes.db and replacing it with Shapes Folder).

When I drag a shape element onto the work area, I can colorize it no problem. But, when I try to make it a GRADIENT color, it is VERY faint / light grayish / not brightly colorized. Opacity is 1.

Any explanation for this? Fixes?

Thanks anyone for suggestions.

Charlie

Attached Files:

2. gcuneo2

gcuneo2

Bottom line up front: Once you adjust your gradient settings, like the beginning and ending colors, the scale (that's the number of steps, or transitions) and the angle, you must select "return to image menu" before adjusting the opacity.

If you fail to select "return to image menu" after adjusting all the gradient stuff, you will always get the results shown in your original attached picture.

The attached image may help......

gradient.JPG

3. gcuneo2

gcuneo2

You also may have your GRADIENT SCALE MAXED OUT TO 1000 which would also result in the same result you posted. Note the setting in the pix I posted-- it's only 250....

4. GainFinancialFreedomorg

GainFinancialFreedomorg

Thanks for the explanation, "qcuneo2." I tried both your suggestion and it still shows "grayish" (like your image shows. I noticed the "Shapes" elements have this "graying" problems. Even the "Orbs" and "People" elements came out brighter (than the shapes.)

Oh well, I'll just try to upload shapes instead of picking it from the elements in TLC.

Thanks for your help "gcuneo2!"

Charlie

Attached Files:

5. Mr Laughingbird

Mr Laughingbird Staff Member

hmmmmm....
    That's odd GF.

Let me take a look at this.
    I'll talk it over between myself and my programmer. I'm sure we can come up with a solution.

Hidden secret:

Here's an undocumented solution!
    (I will post this and will offer a video tutorial on this later)

I've included a "Shapes" font inside the new version 6.6
    (see attached two screenshots)

if you type in the number "5" and select this font in the top font pull down menu, you'll be able to colorize and gradiate all kinds of shapes.

To colorize this shape, it's just like colorizing regular words.
    You can even add an outline to the shapes.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

6. GainFinancialFreedomorg

GainFinancialFreedomorg

Hi Marc:

Thanks for that workaround. That's really cool! It's weird why it will work with other shapes but not the one's in the Shapes folder.

Off to playing around now:)

Happy Holidays,
    Charlie