Shapes Images - Bug alert for version 6.6

Discussion in 'The Creator V 7 Bug Reports' started by Mr Laughingbird, Apr 4, 2013.

1. Mr Laughingbird

Mr Laughingbird Staff Member

There seems to be a bug with the "Shapes" elements if you're using version 6.6 of The Logo Creator (or Business Card Creator).

So, for now, remove the Shapes folder.

Go to your documents folder > Laughingbird Documents > Logo Elements
    and remove the Shapes.db folder. You can move this to your desktop or wherever you like for now.

The bug doesn't effect you unless you actually click on the very last "shape" in the folder. Here's a video from a user who reported this: (The video contains no sound)
    http://www.thelogocreator.com/images/shapesVideo.wmv

2. gcuneo2

gcuneo2

I've done some experimentin' and the shapes pack from earlier versions of TLC works just fine in version 6.6.

3. ChanJ

ChanJ

How do we I access the earlier versions of the Shapes pack of TLC in version 6.6?

4. gcuneo2

gcuneo2

You have to have version 6.0, or earlier to have the shapes pak from earlier versions.

Navigate to the laughingbird documents folder (it's in your document library).

Search your computer for this file: arrow2.png

That file is in the shapes pack folder. That may not even be the original name of the folder-- I change stuff around quite a bit experimenting.....

Once you locate the folder containing that searched file, copy that folder, then paste it into the LOGO ELEMENTS DIRECTORY.

here's what most of the shapes look like.... shapes.JPG

5. gcuneo2

gcuneo2

I never delete my old logo element libraries, I believe these shapes are from version 3.0, maybe 4.0-- they do have a date stamp on em from 2006!

6. DeAnna777

DeAnna777

I just purchased the new logo creator today...love the program but having the same issue with the shape file. If we go and remove this file, will this file be restored at some point when the bug is fixed? I don't have any immediate need for that file at this time, but was just curious if it would be provided in a future update once the bugs are worked out:D
    Love this program!! gotta take the kids swimming and darn it, i just want to stay here and play with my new software:(

7. KD-did

KD-did

gcuneo2 likes this.