1. New Software Notice alert!

The new Web Graphics Creator (version 4.0) will be out soon.

For now, version 3.0 is still active and works great on most Windows machines. It no longer runs on Macs using Lion or greater... (but the new version will fix this)

So hang in there! It's almost done!

Shadows in new version

Discussion in 'The Web Graphics Creator Updates' started by GCFL, Jul 3, 2009.

1. GCFL

GCFL

One thing I would like to see is an improvement to the shadow radius results. I am finding that as I try to blend a quick shadow, you can see lines or rings in the shadow. I have posted two examples of a magazine cover. The first is a copy made in the WGC. You can see the rings in the shadow. Next I have a magazine I applied a shadow to in Photoshop. I would like to see the shadowing look more blended as you see in that example. Obviously PS is a much more involved and expensive rogram but the beauty of the WGC is that you can approach nearly the same results for a fraction of the cost. For the time being, however, I am having to avoid shadows.

Attached Files:

2. Ohiosweetie

Ohiosweetie

GC I'm wondering if a bit more blur would have helped? The second mag has more blur than the first one, hence a nicer blend.

Just a thought...

3. GCFL

GCFL

Maybe so...I will give it another pass and see what I can come up with. Thanks! :)

4. KD-did

KD-did

One option you may want to try is using duplication function with gradient (grey or black) coloration and playing with different opacity settings and sizing on the image for a cleaner shadow.

5. GCFL

GCFL

Thats a very good option KD. Thanks... of course it is a work around though! :)