Sense of Scents

Discussion in 'Help wanted with my design' started by monyc, Aug 30, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. monyc

monyc

Hello ladys and Gents:

I was asked to do a logo for a friend that is selling Womans and Mens designer fragrances. But there was a request for a perfume bottle, but I was thinking more inlines of a face or a outline of a mens and woman face. I was wondering if some can help me out. I started on the logos and came up with some already but its without perfume bottle or the outline of a mens and woman face. But this what I came up with. So far.

2. MasterDesign

MasterDesign

Very first impression just by looking at the small att.

#2 Best of 3. Blue is often associated with, and popular in, personal care "stuff" designs (and i like it),good stylish elegant fontype, could be a finished design.
    #1 Not bad at all!, the colors are kind of making my teeth ache though, so i'd change that.
    #3 Clean and simple like #1 & #2 and the black (or other dark color) could bring something "classic and stylish" (i.y.k.w.i.m) to a design, but not with the pink. Also the tagline is hard to read like this.

Just my 2 cents of course, your friend already has a pretty hard choice to make with the designs you've got sofar and i don't think adding more graphics would improve these. I'd like to see what you can come up with using the face graphics.
    :beer:
    MD

3. monyc

monyc

Thank you MD, for your overlooking of the design. After posting the first one(the one that made your teeth ache...lolol). It was hard for me to use a color idea that would look good, my friend had asked or requested the colors pink and green or gold. or light blue. I tryed to use the gold but it was still very light and it was really hard to see with a white background and trying the use the light blue as well would even more hard to see. I am still looking for that image of a face.

4. richard_5001

richard_5001

Nose & Face ideas (rough)

Monyc--

You mentioned a face image. I tried both nose and face designs but forgot about the color requests of your friend. Both the nose and the face images can be color changed. Perhaps it can be step toward more ideas...

Attached Files:

5. KD-did

KD-did

On the gold have you tried a brownish shadow or outline?

How about faces like:

6. monyc

monyc

Rich-
    Thank you for trying to come with a idea which did spark a idea of my own, but however. Where did you come up with that face. Did you do it yourself if so, What software did you use.

7. monyc

monyc

KD-

Can you please explain to me how can I take a image and use it in my design. I saw that same image and saved it but it didnt come out as clear as yours.

8. richard_5001

richard_5001

Here's how the original dace looked.

I got the face from a standard microsoft clip art image which was in the .gif format. (I found the image at the Microsoft clip art gallery on their official site by doing a search on the word "face". I chose it because of the profile but I didn't want the 50's look of the hairstyle of the original. It looked out-dated (the faces KD presented were a 100 times better--very contemp.)

I brought it into (cut and pasted) Photoshop where I used the erase tool to get rid of the back of the head and hair. Then using the eyedropper tool and paintbrush (standard image software I played around with the image to get it where I wanted it (smoothing out pixels that were exaggerated when I increased the size of the pic using the resize feature). Oh yes, I also used the smudge finger tool to soften the edge of the head after I removed the hair and all.

I then applied a filter to change the look to one that looks more sketchy (I tried a few things and can't remember exactly which effect I used--probably something like the "colored pencil" effect. Then I grayscaled it and made it lighter so it would take any color I wanted to give in in TLC.

Finally, once in TLC, I changed size, rotation angle, etc. until I liked what I saw.

You just have to try this and that and keep learning through experience.

Hope this helps. :banasplit

Attached Files:

9. KD-did

KD-did

I think that I would use it something like

10. KD-did

KD-did

You could try something like but maybe on a bottle shape.

11. monyc

monyc

here is one that I have done with the image

12. KD-did

KD-did

very attractive.

13. monyc

monyc

Thank you. I would like to expand on that image as much as I can.

14. monyc

monyc

Well guys I am getting close to selling my first logo :banasplit , She love the one with face image and the one with the circle swoosh, but she wanted to see 2 more so this what I came up with.

15. KD-did

KD-did

I love the 4 colored circle logo.

16. monyc

monyc

Thanks KD

17. KD-did

KD-did

Have a little thought.. figured that you would see what is needed shadow wise But how about

18. monyc

monyc

That is very cool, how in the world you was able to see to that idea. I like it

19. KD-did

KD-did

The inspiration was your begining post :) I just thought that your design could be easly made into a perfume bottle.

20. monyc

monyc

aww man, awesome, You go with your bad self :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.