sending a file

Discussion in 'The Logo Creator' started by prototype66, Jul 24, 2007.

1. prototype66

prototype66

I am supposed to send the "TLC file" to a client and I am doing something wrong. All they get is a fixed image.
    Its been one of "those" weeks.:image27:

2. prototype66

prototype66

Help?

3. Randy...

Randy... Guest

13 minutes and you want an answer? :dwink:

Are you sending the files as an attachment?

4. prototype66

prototype66

Sorry, didnt mean to seem impatient.I forgot to phrase it in the form of a question! ;)
    I go to templates in "browse" in the email composer (gmail if it makes a difference) and "attach" that file. I went back to the email later at another computer and downloaded it and it was a solid pic. I probably missed it in the tutorial and did it wrong. Im sorry to bother you guys with such trivial stuff.

5. Randy...

Randy... Guest

On the 'other' computer that you went back to, you downloaded it and opened it with your LB product? It's not trivial, probably just something minor. Let's figure it out. When I get home later this afternoon, I'll shoot you a private email address for you to send it to me to see what it looks like on my end.

6. Chris

Chris Staff Member

Make sure you are sending the .tlc file and not the .jpeg file. Sounds like you are sending the wrong one.

7. Randy...

Randy... Guest

That's what I thought, but wanted to confirm it first. Without being home to check it, I thought there were two items created. The jpg that will show up in the 'my template' area that is used for a thumbnail and the actual tlc file that will load once you select the thumbnail image (jpg).

8. prototype66

prototype66

the TLC file is the one in my templates, right? I go directly into tlc5 files to the mt files and attach from there. is that the correct way?

9. Chris

Chris Staff Member

You will have 2 files for each logo template. One is the thumbnail and the other is the actual.tlc file. The actual .tlc file is the one that is used to do the editing to your logo. Just look at your file extension. it will show .tlc if it is the TLC file.

HTHs

10. prototype66

prototype66

the file looks like an adobe acrobat file in thumbnail also?

11. Chris

Chris Staff Member

take a screen shot of what you have and post it here for me to look at.

12. prototype66

prototype66

I Hate To Say It But.......what Is A Screen Shot?i AM GOING INBROWSE WITH THE EMAIL, GO INTO THE tlc PROGRAM FILE. then into the My templates. Then i click on the one that says tlc.file.xxxwhatever. then send. does that make sense? I will get it someday(a little slow on the upswing)

13. Lamo1graphic

Lamo1graphic

email sent to you will a small tutorial on how to do it hope this helps you

14. prototype66

prototype66

Thank you thank you!
    I do appreciate all of you all helping me (limp) into learning this stuff. I am getting to some online tutorials when I get more time. Sorry to be such a bother!

15. Randy...

Randy... Guest

Anytime. Need help? Just ask. We all do our best.

16. prototype66

prototype66

special thanks to Graham for the extra help!!
    thank you digger and mac as well.
    Thank you all!
    and now.........
    on with the show!!!!