Selecting DPI on Mac 3.6

Discussion in 'Raves and Rants' started by fishmaven, Jan 30, 2005.

1. fishmaven

fishmaven

When I go to export, I'm only offered 72 DPI not 300 DPI. When I open a jpeg saved at 72 it looks cheap. What do you recommend? I'm on a Mac running 12.8 OS and using LC 3.6. I love my logo and would like to take it or send it to my printer for cards but I don't want them to look like this.
    Thanks,
    dan

2. KD-did

KD-did

You can change the DPI by opening TLC, and under export click on export resolutions ..there you can manually insert the resolution you want and then export as usual.

3. fishmaven

fishmaven

That's not the window you get when you click export on a Mac. I don't know how to get a screenshot to show you the window. My window only offers 72DPI. It does offer full res jpeg and such. When you click custom export and hold the shift key you can keep proportions the same when you do tiff gif and jpeg. Bottom line, I can't find the window you're referring to.

4. fishmaven

fishmaven

I'm smarter now <grin>

Okay, I forget that the PC world isn't intuitive. In order to get the window you're talking about you have to click on the resolution line. In the Mac world if the resolution could be changed there would have been a box, grey in color, to indicate you could change the numbers. Thank you. I realize that most only show up here to complain, I love my logo. Dan

5. KD-did

KD-did

fishmaven...launch TLC ,under "web help' there is a short tutitorial on exporting and if you go down to the drop down menu where you choose a logo set there is a section help and ideas...it should answer your question/s. The box appears under "EXPORT after you click on the words EXPORT RESOLUTION. You can also choose custom export and set the resolution.