search engine missing

Discussion in 'Raves and Rants' started by blackknight, Feb 19, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. blackknight

blackknight

Can someone tell me how to get my windows search engine back to running again. For some reason, it dissappeared. I went to type: www. etc. and there was no window to type in...strange

2. EmacK

EmacK

Greg if you mean the address bar then right click at the top and make sure the address bar is selected.... EmacK...

3. blackknight

blackknight

The mystery is that I clicked on the address bar and it does have the check mark beside it meaning it is enabled so I clicked on and off again and nothing. It is the bar where I type the URL. into but since yesterday, it has dissappeared and I don't know why

4. Chris

Chris Staff Member

Greg right click on the top of explorer and tell me if Lock Toolbars is checked. If it is not checked then you just have to drag the the top down to show your address bar. Once back in place right click and make sure Lock the tool bars so not to happen again.

5. blackknight

blackknight

it's Working! Thanks, That Did Work

6. Chris

Chris Staff Member

It's all in the mouse..... LOL glad you got it.

7. blackknight

blackknight

D Drive Missing

D Drive Missing
    I HAVE A FRIEND OVER WITH HER LAPTOP AND SHE WAS DOWNLOADING A PROGRAM AND IT LOADED SUCCESSFULLY BUT WHEN SHE WENT TO DOWNLOAD ANOTHER PROGRAM, THE "D" DRIVE WAS MISSING. HOW CAN I BRING THAT UP. IT WAS THERE EARLIER BUT NOW IT ISN'T SHOWING WHEN I OPEN "MY COMPUTER"
    SORRY GUYS AND GIRLS. SEEMS TO BE COMPUTERS ARE A HEADACHE DAY. FIRST IT WAS MY ADDRESS BAR, NOW HER D DRIVE. DOES ANYONE KNOW WHAT MAY HAVE HAPPENED
    THANKS

8. EmacK

EmacK

Greg this used to happen sometimes when I was running ME edition what I had to do was turn it off and pull the plug from the wall socket leave it unplugged for about 30 seconds and reboot, that always took care of it...

9. KD-did

KD-did

Boy..that's the absolute pits...after killing the power to the computer if the computer still doesn't see D drive or say it has detected new hardware... after checking to see if D drives plug has come loose run an antiviral.

10. Chris

Chris Staff Member

Greg need some info from her Laptop.

Windows Version?
    How old is the laptop?
    What was the software she installed be fore it went missing?
    D Drive is that her CD-Rom drive?

11. Chris

Chris Staff Member

Do you know how to go into the device manager and see if it is listed in their with any errors? Or if it is not listed in their....

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.