saving to vector format?

Discussion in 'Resource & Recommendations' started by Chris, Aug 21, 2005.

1. Chris

Chris Staff Member

Can we do that with TLC or is there a software out there to convert the logo into vector format?

2. MasterDesign

MasterDesign

No vector format in TLC, try vectoreye (do a google) to convert, works for me.
    MD

3. Keeper

Keeper

A little birdy told me (actually it as a laughing birdies brother) to download the demo of Adobe Illustrator CS2 and use the 'Live Trace' component to convert bitmaps into vector illustrations (including pen and ink images) it blows Vector Eye into the weeds. It's brilliant.

Unfortunately it costs £399 as a bundle 'cause you have to buy Adobe Illustrator CS2 complete.

I know what I want for Christmas so if anyone who really, really likes me on the Forum wants to surprise me please feel free.....

4. MasterDesign

MasterDesign

I agree that ai has a damn good tracing tool but if all you want is to convert bitmap to vector once in a while, then the results you get with vectoreye (after some tryouts) will hold up to the results you get wit AI anyday. AI is like a complete toolbox with 299 pounds (=lotsadollars) worth of tools in it, most of wich you'll never use, where as Vector eye is a $64 pair of clippers you find in the discount section that gets the job done just as good and without the extra weight! (ever happend to you?)
    My 2 cents.
    :beer:
    MD

5. Keeper

Keeper

No arguments here but have you been to the latest, latest version of AI (CS2)? There is no adjustments not faffing around it just vectorises exactly what you have submitted. I use Vector Eye when I do my doodles but it takes several goes to get it like I want it. Obviously if you don't use anything else in AI then it isn't worth getting at all but should I ever have those spare 'squids' then I might just invest and force myself to learn to use the rest of it!! :D

6. KD-did

KD-did

Well..........a big bird told me that there is a vector TLC in the works...shhhhhhhhhhh don't start asking when that will only slow down the process.

7. Keeper

Keeper

Hello KD,

Yes I have read it on this very Forum, authored by your good self. I think it will be the icing on the cake, mind you I suspect it will make the price rise a bit but that's the way of the big bad world.

Don't worry Marc knows I don't push for anything. All things in good time; asking continually or moaning on and on ain't gonna make it happen any quicker.

I can wait; patience is a virtue sort by many but attained by few...

David St

8. Borpean

Borpean Staff Member

To many birds in the kitchen.

At this very moment we are in the process of cloning Marc. We have the body, but the brain was donated by a Mrs. Abbey Normal. Not working very well.
    We are working on it, but soon there will be a birds nest of Marc's putting out software upon software!!! muuuwwwaah hahaha.

Ahem, sorry... Need to see the sun more.

By the way Dave St... Love the new shirt designs. People would be doing their wardrobe a disservice if no one owns a Hayface/Hoofy design.