Saving problems

Discussion in 'The Logo Creator' started by dthur, Jan 17, 2006.

1. dthur

dthur

I have created several logos that saved as a TLC file. However, when I try to open them I get a message state that Logo Creater does not recognize them. How do I open them? What is wrong with the program when it does not recognize TLC files that it saved itself?

2. DLT

DLT

TLC crashes when opening .TLC files

I am a new user and having a very similar problem. I make a logo, then "save as" a .tlc file. Later come back to work on it again and the program crashes. Says "Microsoft visual c++ library" and run-time error. What is going on?
    Windows XP, pentium 4

3. KD-did

KD-did

DLT, your problem maybe that the files were pathed too deep and that will trigger a false run time error. Try saving to your desktop and see if you can open the file. XP did have problems with titles over 25 characters long.

Also you need to look for spyware which will add itself to file names and being the machine can't find an exact file name match will also trigger a run time error.

Make sure that the file association is set up.

4. GardenSimply

GardenSimply

I know this is an old thread, but I was searching high and low for a fix to my problem... and here it is. But I am curious.... I've saved files in far deeper folders than this one I am having issue with. (I couldn't change fonts ... TLC fonts were fine, but when trying to use my system fonts, I got the Microsoft C Runtime Error mentioned above...)

So I moved it to my desktop as suggested and viola! Works like a charm. It NEVER did this before... I've not made system changes, so any ideas what could have made this go weird crazy stupid.? LOL

5. KD-did

KD-did

Only issus I ever had with fonts was when I had a sub file of system fonts... TLC couldn't or wouldn't access those fonts even though I could see them with TLC and I got the runtime error when trying to choose one of those fonts. The other thing that is possible is that adware has attached itself so the computer can't find the exact name which will produce a runtime error also.