saving in EPS - advice

Discussion in 'Raves and Rants' started by steviem, Jan 14, 2006.

1. steviem

steviem

I've had my logo creator for ages, although havent used it too much recently. Anyway, I needed to save a logo in EPS format, but when I did this and sent it to someone, they told me that when they enlarged it to 22", it became 'fuzzy'.

I thought that it would be possible to enlarge an image this size easily if exporting it as a EPS.

Any one got any advice, tips?

Thanks
    Stevie

2. Mr Laughingbird

Mr Laughingbird Staff Member

Hi Stevie.

Thanks for the question.

Yes, this has been a question I've been asked quite a few times. Unfortunatly, The Logo Creator won't export in EPS (vector) format. Photoshop won't export in vector format either. :D

I do have a company I've worked with before however (and am going to partner with another company shortly) that will convert your logo to a vector format. http://www.vikingarts.com

for about $25 they'll convert your logo.
    Once it's in vector format, you'll be able to enlarge it to the size of a bus if you want. The only items VikingArts may not be able to reproduce are images of "real" things (like people or landscapes). If your logo is basically flat, then it shouldn' be hard to vectorize.

You might want to also post the question to some of the artists here in the Laughingbird Software forum. Perhaps they'll do the job in a program like Illustrator (owned by Adobe).

- Marc

3. steviem

steviem

ok thanks Marc, l prob use that online service

4. Mr Laughingbird

Mr Laughingbird Staff Member

... Steviem...
    Just curious - did you happen to use that service?
    (VikingArts)

- Marc