1. New Software Notice alert!

The new Web Graphics Creator (version 4.0) will be out soon.

For now, version 3.0 is still active and works great on most Windows machines. It no longer runs on Macs using Lion or greater... (but the new version will fix this)

So hang in there! It's almost done!

Saving Buttons

Discussion in 'Web Graphics Creator' started by MySunshine, Jan 19, 2007.

1. MySunshine

MySunshine

Just got this software and I hope I can figure it out. I will be using it primarily to create logos and buttons for both my web site and my phpbb message board.

The first thing I tried to make was a button for my web site. I saved it on my c drive, but the thing won't open. The format is apparently not supported. I'm using Windows XP.

I will most likely always save logos, etc, to my c drive. I change logos frequently and might want to repeat one in the future.

How do I get the thing to open?

And please, no tech jargon. I don't understand it and have no interest in understanding tech talk.

Oh, and when I change the swf or whatever it is to .jpg, I get a message about 11 characters. My buttons are named. I can't have them all be 11 characters.

2. Mr Laughingbird

Mr Laughingbird Staff Member

Hi Sunshine.

The Button Creation section will output a Flash file (a file with a .swf extension).

You'll need the Flash Player on your desktop. Most browsers have the Flash player built in. Open this file with your browser and you should be able to see it.

You can download the flash player from Adobe:
    http://www.adobe.com/

- Marc

3. MySunshine

MySunshine

Well, that didn't work. I get a message telling me my security settings prohibit running controls in this manner.

This should be much easier than this. I have a new computer. I am very frustrated and I haven't even started yet.

Further, I don't want flashing buttons. I want buttons that I can resize and put on my web site with no trouble, no hassle.

I guess I need someone to hold my hand, not direct me to downloads that don't work.

Please?

4. Doc

Doc Staff Member

That's a bit harsh MySunshine, Marc gave you a link to software which WILL work to allow flash files to run, it is not his fault that the security settings on your computer do not allow you to install it (you could change the security settings to allow the installation)

If you need help to produce buttons which can be resized etc send me a pm and I can take you through the process step by step via email.

5. MySunshine

MySunshine

Thank you, Doc. I have pm'd you. I didn't mean to sound harsh, but I am NOT a computer geek. Anything Adobe has never worked for me. When I clicked Flash, it downloaded Reader. Twice.

I hope you can help me. I desperately want this to work. I'm a pointer & clicker or dragger. HTML Codes and everything that accompanies them simply don't soak in.

I look forward to your help.

6. goulakid

goulakid

I am having a simular problem with buttons. Is there a way to change the colors and get more than 11 letters on each button? I have looked for a manual and tutorial on buttons and I have not ran across one yet.

7. Chris

Chris Staff Member

The only way to change the color of the buttons is to edit them in a flash program. As far as I am aware 11 is the limit on the buttons.

HTHs

8. sinank

sinank

Problms saving buttons

Hi Everyone

My first post! st got the web creator. trying to save a button but I'm always faced with a poup box saying that the name of the button has to fall < 11 characters. I do just that save the button with only one character and still the window keeps poping up and I can't save the button. Laughing Software needs to fix these bugs because this is starting to get annoying.
    Something to also consider - when I purchased this software you never said there was a limit to the number of characters you could place on a button. You need to add a feature which will allow a user to change colors and button sizes dynamically based on what the user enters.

Overall I was disappointed with buying this software :image27: