Saving a template - problem

Discussion in 'General Support' started by GinnyC, May 14, 2013.

1. GinnyC

GinnyC

Various issues:
    1) How do I delete a template (one of the ones in 'my templates')?
    2) How do I open up one of my templates - double clicking on it doesn't always work?
    3) How do I update a template once I've made changes to it, as it's unclear whether I have to type in the whole folder name again?
    4) One of my templates is not saving correctly, it's only showing a previous version. Then when I open it up certain elements have moved from where they were, presumably due to double clicking on it.

2. gcuneo2

gcuneo2

1. Manually navigate to the LOGO LIBRARIES FOLDER. Once there navigate to the MY TEMPLATES folder. Delete the ones you don't want anymore.
    2. Allways open the program first, then the template. In version 6.0 if you saved the template to a unique location you only need to double click on the folder with the same name of the logo you want to open.
    3. In 6.6 select SAVE TEMPLATE IN MY TEMPLATES, or SAVE TEMPLATE TO MY DESKTOP.
    3a. IN VERSION 6.0 SAVE AS MY TEMPLATE (which results in a thumbnail being created you see in the pull down menu) or SAVE AS (which results in you saving the template wherever you want, but does not creat a thumbnail).
    4. Every once in a while a template will act up. To solve the problem, this is what I have done:
    1. Navigate to the my templates folder
    2. delete the folder that has the same name of the template acting up.
    3. rebuild the template.
    There can be any number of reasons this happens, my solution just listed works for me... let me know if this info helps!

3. Mr Laughingbird

Mr Laughingbird Staff Member

Hi Ginny.

let's take these in order...

1)How do I delete a template (one of the ones in 'my templates')?
    this is tricky as there is not 'delete template' menu option. Yet.

For now - you'll find your templates in your documents folder on you computer.
    The path is: documents > Laughingbird Documents > Logo Libraries

Inside, look for the "My Templates" folder. From here, you can manually delete any templates you don't want.

2) How do I open up one of my templates - double clicking on it doesn't always work?
    Always use the File > Open menu option to open up a previously saved logo.

3) How do I update a template once I've made changes to it, as it's unclear whether I have to type in the whole folder name again?

Save this as a new Template name - and (manually) delete the older one as mentioned above.

4) One of my templates is not saving correctly, it's only showing a previous version. Then when I open it up certain elements have moved from where they were, presumably due to double clicking on it.

This might be a bug. I'm experiencing the same with a few templates. We're fixing this!

Hope this helps a bit Ginny...

Marc

gcuneo2 likes this.
  4. Mr Laughingbird

Mr Laughingbird Staff Member

Lol, Glenn, I think we were writing our answers at the same time!

5. GinnyC

GinnyC

Thanks guys. What's the difference between saving a template and saving the logo by exporting it? And is there any way of saving a logo as I go along, intending to make further changes?

6. gcuneo2

gcuneo2

When you EXPORT a logo you are taking a "snapshot" of the logo that cannot be edited. Saving a template lets you edit everything.

I've allways used logo1, logo2, logo3, etc. when trying our different things in the the same logo.

7. GinnyC

GinnyC

Thanks.