Saving A Logo After It Has Been Created

Discussion in 'Questions or troubles updating' started by sASWEB, Jul 24, 2014.

1. sASWEB

sASWEB

I just downloaded the new 6.8 version of The Logo Creator. I have created a website banner and don't know how to save it. I clicked on Export PNG and it saved it into a folder I created for the templates I created but not as the size I created. I created the banner to be 830x208 and it is saved in my folder as 300x273. What do I need to do?

2. gunsmoke

gunsmoke

The beauty of v6.8 is that you do not have to 'save' your logo template. It is done automatically to the working folder you created when you first started v6.8.

As far as 'exporting' your banner ( and that is what you do to create the graphic for your website/blog or whatever) I'm not sure what may have gone wrong. Thing to check is your canvas format. Click on the canvas and in the box that pops up on the left insure that the scale is 100% and that the width and height are what you want. It should export at that size.

Are you on a PC or MAC? Try that again and let us know what happens.

3. sASWEB

sASWEB

Thank you for responding to my question. I checked the canvas and it is set at 100%. I am on a PC. I tried it again and I am still getting the same result. I created my banner at 963x270 and it is saving as 300x84

4. gunsmoke

gunsmoke

Okay, hmm... On the first pic here it shows the size of your graphic. Yours should read 963 x 270 @ 100%, correct?
    [​IMG]
    These are the same settings you should see when you format the canvas.
    [​IMG]
    Then you export the file using this menu ...
    [​IMG]
    If this is what you did, and the logo is saving at a smaller size than what your settings are, can you go to your file menu and select 'Save a Version' and save to a different directory. This saves a copy of the template, not the working logo. Then can you ZIP the files in that directory and upload it here so we can have a look. If the file is to big to upload let us know and I'll give you an alternate location to upload to. Hopefully looking at the template will give me an idea why it's saving smaller than it should. It really shouldn't be able to do that!

Anyway, let us know and we'll get it figured out.

5. gcuneo2

gcuneo2

The size you are referring to (300 x 84) is actually the image size used for the thumbnail that shows up in the pull down menu.

Once you export your finished banner, how are you accessing it? When you create a logo, or a banner, or whatever, it saves your working logo in it's own file folder. Many template thumbnails are about the same size you mentioned earlier.

gunsmoke likes this.
  6. gunsmoke

gunsmoke

gcuneo2 has it right. That is the thumbnail, not your 'exported' logo. When you choose to 'export' you choose where on your hard disk to save it. Then you access it as any other picture file on your computer. You do not try to look at the exported image in TLC. Have you been able to find your exported image?